Catedral De Sao Pedro De AlcantaraCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Sao Pedro Alcântara, 60 - Centro, Petropolis - RJ, 25685-300, Brazil
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2422424300
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
The church’s architecture would be enough of a reason to visit, for it’s beautiful, a soaring French neo-Gothic structure that took nearly 88 years to construct. However, it is also the royal Mausoleum, where the Emperor Dom Pedro II; Empress Teresa Cristina; Princess Imperial Isabel and her husband Prince Gaston the Count of Eu are buried. The highlights of the church are:
- The Royal and noble tombs
- The 70 metre high tower with its carrilon of 5 bronze bells
- A main altar of limestone
- The Carrara marble statue of St. Peter of Alcantara
- The beautiful stained glass windows with poems by the King impressed on them
- The 2400 kg main doors
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara Travel Tips
- Street paid parking.
Entrance Ticket Details For Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara
- Entry is free.
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara Hours
- Opening hours are subjected to change with events and religious schedules.
How to Reach Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara
- Take a taxi
- Drive to here, and ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Petropolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Petropolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Petropolis include Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
33.33% of people start their Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara
81.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara Reviews & Ratings
One of the most beutiful place to visit in Petropolis, Tomb of Don Pedro II and his Daughter Prencissa Isabel is in the intrance and churce is very beautiful.
Nice little Cathedral