Catedral De Sao Pedro De AlcantaraCurrently Closed
- Address: Sao Pedro Alcântara, 60 - Centro, Petropolis - RJ, 25685-300, Brazil
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2422424300
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara - Review
The church’s architecture would be enough of a reason to visit, for it’s beautiful, a soaring French neo-Gothic structure that took nearly 88 years to construct. However, it is also the royal Mausoleum, where the Emperor Dom Pedro II; Empress Teresa Cristina; Princess Imperial Isabel and her husband Prince Gaston the Count of Eu are buried. The highlights of the church are:
- The Royal and noble tombs
- The 70 metre high tower with its carrilon of 5 bronze bells
- A main altar of limestone
- The Carrara marble statue of St. Peter of Alcantara
- The beautiful stained glass windows with poems by the King impressed on them
- The 2400 kg main doors
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara Information
- Street paid parking.
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara Hours
- Opening hours are subjected to change with events and religious schedules.
How To reach Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara by Public Transport
- Take a taxi
- Drive to here, and ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Petropolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Petropolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara
95% of people who visit Petropolis include Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
33.33% of people start their Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara
81.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara Trips
1 View5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Teresopolis from The Woodhouse Day Spa - Columbus, OhBy: Guest UserCity: Teresopolis
Catedral De Sao Pedro De Alcantara, Petropolis Reviews
Very interesting architecture, neo gothic influence. Remains of the late emperor D. Pedro II, his wife Teresa Cristina, his daughter Princess Isabel(who freed the slaves) and her husband Count D. (Gaston).
The cathedral is beautiful! It is worth a visit!
Beautiful Catedral where you can visit and get a lot of information about the Monarchy in Brazil for free.