Crystal PalaceCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Rua Alfredo Pacha, s/n0, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2422473721
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Palace, Family And Kids, Nature
Crystal Palace - Review
Opened in 1884, this lovely greenhouse was commissioned by the Count d'Eu and by the Princess Isabelle to exhibit the regions flowers, other plants and birds. In 1888, the Princess held a historic party where she symbolically freed a few slaves, only some time before she signed a law that formally abolished slavery in Brazil. The palace is loved for its pretty and elegant glass and steel body, its great chandeliers, its two fountains on either side, and its collection of the town’s miniature monuments. It doesn’t function as a greenhouse anymore. Special exhibitions and organised events are held there now. Check the attraction website for details about upcoming events. Temper your expectations though, for there’s not much else to see there.
Crystal Palace Information
- Games and sports are not allowed.
Crystal Palace Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Crystal Palace Opening and Closing Hours
- Around 3pm on Sundays, there are German folk dance shows.
- The palace is open for public visit all the year round.
How To reach Crystal Palace by Public Transport
- Take a taxi
- Drive to here, and ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Petropolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Petropolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Crystal Palace
95% of people who visit Petropolis include Crystal Palace in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.69% of people start their Crystal Palace visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Crystal Palace
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace Map
Crystal Palace Trips
Crystal Palace, Petropolis Reviews
All QuestionsCrystal palace
- One Life Mission Church
- Terhune-Gardner-Lindenmeyr House
- St Matthew's Episcopal Church
- The Sports Complex
- Van Saun Dog Park
- Van Saun Park Train Ride
- Indian Hills Farms
- Besen Park
- Van Saun Park
- Gabrielle Art & Frame Of Paramus
- Center-Bus & Spiritual Devmnt
- Church Of Jesus
- Don Robert Orchestras
- Sirianni Park
- Congregation K'hal Adath Jeshurun