Imperial MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Rua da Imperatriz, 220 - Centro, Petrópolis - RJ, 25610-320, Brazil, Petropolis
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2422330300
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Garden, Family And Kids
About Imperial Museum, Petropolis
The king Dom Pedro II used to live in this magnificent palace. The beautiful neo-classical building was completed in 1862, and is today one of the most visited monuments in Brazil. The building shares its spotlight with the palace gardens, which are a formal arrangement with plants from 15 different regions around the world – Australian palm, French grass, Madagascar bananas, and African pandalos.
At the museum you’ll find remnants of the Brazilian monarchs, paintings, jewels, rich furniture, musical instruments, and scientific instruments and books. These are a laid out as they used to be in the Dining Room, the State Room, the Embroidery Room, and the Music Room. The library is rich too, with 250,000 documents, some of which date back to the 13th century.
Check attraction website for details of the A Sarau imperial role-playing show. It’s quite fun!
Imperial Museum Information
- Check out the coffee shop and the store.
- Sometimes, exhibitions and special events are held at the palace. Check the attraction website before your visit.
Imperial Museum Ticket Prices
- 50% off for Students, teachers and over 60 years.
- Free Wednesdays and the last Sunday of the month – for Petropolis residents.
- Sound and light show: R$20 (full), R$10 (half)
- Soiree Imperial: R$10 (full), R$5
- For extensive ticket information, visit attraction website.
Imperial Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Tickets sold till 30 minutes before closing time.
- Gardens: 8am-6pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Light shows are on Thursdays – Saturdays
How To reach Imperial Museum by Public Transport
- Take a taxi
- Drive to here, and ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Petropolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Petropolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Imperial Museum
95% of people who visit Petropolis include Imperial Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
77.45% of people start their Imperial Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Imperial Museum
71.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Imperial Museum
Imperial Museum Map
Imperial Museum Trips
Imperial Museum, Petropolis Reviews
A very well maintained and conserved imperial residence. The exposition es big and it's rotating. You can take a look to the forniture, crowns, clothes and personal belongings of the last Brazilian Emperor and his family.
An excellent day trip from Rio. Best scenic views are on the left of the bus going to Petropolis. Learned so much about Brazilian history in a fun way.
If you come to Petropolis, it is unmissable place to visit. It is just amazing, all the furnitures and treasures of Brazilian emperors.
Super organizado, fui muito bem assistido e ainda curti uma deliciosa comida no restaurante anexo. Vale a pena
Very interesting place for getting familiar with Portuguese and Brazilian history.
All QuestionsImperial museum
- New Covenant Hispanic Church
- United Pentecostal Church Of Antioch
- Restoration Life Christian Center
- The Bait Shack
- Iglasia El Faro
- Laurel Airport Fbo
- Sun Light Baptist Church
- Mt Moriah Baptist Church
- Pine Grove Mb Church
- Blue Ridge United Methodist Church
- Tarrytown Recreation Commn
- Stonegate Park
- First Church-Christ Scientist
- St James AME Church
- Congregational Church