Imperial MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Rua da Imperatriz, 220 - Centro, Petrópolis - RJ, 25610-320, Brazil, Petropolis
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2422330300
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Garden, Family And Kids
Imperial Museum - Review
The king Dom Pedro II used to live in this magnificent palace. The beautiful neo-classical building was completed in 1862, and is today one of the most visited monuments in Brazil. The building shares its spotlight with the palace gardens, which are a formal arrangement with plants from 15 different regions around the world – Australian palm, French grass, Madagascar bananas, and African pandalos.
At the museum you’ll find remnants of the Brazilian monarchs, paintings, jewels, rich furniture, musical instruments, and scientific instruments and books. These are a laid out as they used to be in the Dining Room, the State Room, the Embroidery Room, and the Music Room. The library is rich too, with 250,000 documents, some of which date back to the 13th century.
Check attraction website for details of the A Sarau imperial role-playing show. It’s quite fun!
Imperial Museum Information
- Check out the coffee shop and the store.
- Sometimes, exhibitions and special events are held at the palace. Check the attraction website before your visit.
Imperial Museum Ticket Prices
- 50% off for Students, teachers and over 60 years.
- Free Wednesdays and the last Sunday of the month – for Petropolis residents.
- Sound and light show: R$20 (full), R$10 (half)
- Soiree Imperial: R$10 (full), R$5
- For extensive ticket information, visit attraction website.
Imperial Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Tickets sold till 30 minutes before closing time.
- Gardens: 8am-6pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Light shows are on Thursdays – Saturdays
How To reach Imperial Museum by Public Transport
- Take a taxi
- Drive to here, and ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Petropolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Petropolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Imperial Museum
95% of people who visit Petropolis include Imperial Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
74.18% of people start their Imperial Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Imperial Museum
67.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Imperial Museum
Imperial Museum Map
Imperial Museum Trips
6 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Petrópolis, Sao Paulo, Rio De Janeiro from DohaBy: Guest UserCity: Rio De Janeiro, Petropolis, Sao Paulo
Imperial Museum, Petropolis Reviews
Well curated museum. It was the emperor's summer palace and has been well maintained. Also, Petropolis is a nice town to visit.
Pura história, estrutura impecável, muito bem conservada. Apesar da maior parte dos móveis não serem originais, foram cuidadosos na montagem de cada ambiente. ***Atendimento na bilheteria é péssimo e para completar, não aceita cartão!
Splendid. The entrance ticket is very cheap, the place well maintained, easy to find and very interesting. It misses an audio- tool for the visit to know more about the history.
O local é lindo, por dentro e por fora. Acervo amplo, variado, bem organizado e bem conservado. Dá pra aprender muita coisa. Visita imperdível!
A very well maintained and conserved imperial residence. The exposition es big and it's rotating. You can take a look to the forniture, crowns, clothes and personal belongings of the last Brazilian Emperor and his family.
All QuestionsImperial museum
- Griffith Memorials
- Uplands Shoe Repairs
- The Garage
- The Grove Gallery
- Dioces Of Swansea & Brecon
- Pantygwydr Baptist Church
- A B Sea School
- St Benedicts R C Church
- Green Baize Snooker Club
- Artists Blank Canvas
- Austin Designs
- St Jude's
- Dylan Thomas Birthplace & Family Home
- Gateway Church Caerphilly