Quitandinha PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: Av. Joaquim Rolla, 2 – Quitandinha, Petropolis, Brazil
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2422452020
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Palace, Family And Kids
Quitandinha Palace - Review
For about 2 years in the mid-20th century, the French Norman palace was a thriving hotel-casino. After gambling was banned though, the hotel eventually shut down. Now the 440 rooms are either leased out or sold, to be used as private living quarters. That doesn’t mean the palace has lost its tourist appeal. Aside from its magnificent façade, the palace grounds and gardens are an attraction in their own right, and still draw many visitors. You can also visit the public spaces inside, where the decoration is a mix of Brazilian Baroque and Art Deco.
It’s mostly used now as a space for events and congresses; it’s lavish theatre can hold about 2200 people.
Trivia: Some of the Palace’s most famous guests have been Orson Welles, Carmem Miranda, Greta Garbo and Evita Perón.
Quitandinha Palace Information
- Guided tours – upto 45 people
- Audio guided visits are available around 20-25 players.
Quitandinha Palace Ticket Prices
- Adults: R$10
- Kids 7-10, Students and seniors 60+R$5
- Free for under 7.
Quitandinha Palace Hours
- Wednesday: 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and holiday:10 am, 10:30 am, 11am, 11:30 am, 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm, 2:30pm, 3pm. 3:30pm, 4pm
How To reach Quitandinha Palace by Public Transport
- Take a taxi
- Drive to here, and ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Petropolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Petropolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Quitandinha Palace
54.32% of people who visit Petropolis include Quitandinha Palace in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50% of people start their Quitandinha Palace visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Quitandinha Palace
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Quitandinha Palace