Trono De Fatima60 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rua Padre Moreira | Valparaíso, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2422420313
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, View Point, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids, Hill
Heard of Heitor da Silva Costa? He was the man behind Rio de Janiero’s famous Christ the Redeemer statue, and he is the man behind this 3.5 metre high monument too. The image shows Our Lady of Fatima and the angel Gabriel under a dome of seven pillars. The monument is rich in numerical symbols:
- Three steps for the Rosary
- Five colonnades for Christ’s five wounds
- Seven pillars for seven gifts of the Holy Spirit
There is a small chapel at the foot of the monument, where masses take place on the 13th of each month.
The location of the monument is remarkable too – a hill which is the first spot in the city to hit by the sun at dawn. The views of the city and the surrounding mountains from here are stunning.
How to Reach Trono De Fatima
- From the path leading up from Casa de Santos Dumont, keep turning right and upward to reach the shrine.
- Take a taxi.
- Drive to here, and ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Petropolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Petropolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Trono De Fatima Address: Rua Padre Moreira | Valparaíso, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Trono De Fatima Contact Number: +55-2422420313
- Trono De Fatima Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Trono De Fatima(preferred time): 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Trono De Fatima: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
19.48% of people who visit Petropolis include Trono De Fatima in their plan
25% of people start their Trono De Fatima visit around 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Trono De Fatima
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Trono De Fatima
People normally club together Museu Casa De Santos Dumont and Cervejaria Bohemia while planning their visit to Trono De Fatima.