Are you looking for what to do in Petropolis?
Museu Imperial (Imperial Museum)
- The former home of the Brazilian monarchs. Lavish interiors, exquisite gardens, and rich histories have made this one of the most popular monuments in the country.
Museu Casa de Santos Dumont (House of Santos Dumont)
- House of an eccentric inventor, aviator and balloonist, Alberto Santos Dumont, preserved as it was during the life of its owner.
Crystal Palace (Palácio de Cristal)
- A historical greenhouse famous for an event where the Princess symbolically decreed a number of slaves free shortly before abolishing slavery altogether.
Catedral de Sao Pedro de Alcantara
- The city’s main church, built in neo-Gothic style, also serves as the mausoleum to the Royal Family.
Castelo de Itaipava
- An endlessly charming castle built from materials collected from all over Europe. It serves as the city’s favourite wedding and party venue.
Trono de Fatima (Fatima’s Throne)
- An exquisite religious monument, rich in numerical symbology, set atop a hill with fine views.
Rios Brasileiros Rafting
- A rafting and hiking outfit with bilingual guides.
- Shop till you drop at the Rua do Imperador, unless you want to buy clothes, in which case go to Rua Teresa.
- Get out to the rural areas of Taquaril, Brejal and Araras.
- Head out to the near mystical Serra dos Órgãos national park.
Below we have a list of things to do in Petropolis and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Petropolis getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Petropolis with confidence.