Historically important and culturally vibrant, Philadelphia is sure to leave a mark on your mind. Known fondly as Philly, this city has a warm vibe. You are sure to feel at home in ‘the city that loves you back’.
So whether you are a national history buff or a gourmand, Philly has many surprises in its pocket! A notable past and a bright future make for an eclectic mix that captivates the visitor in a unique way.
Although Philadelphia has a close-knit local community, tourists assimilate easily into its spirited atmosphere and unprecedented hospitality. There’s something here for everyone!
Philadelphia Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Philadelphia tips for your visit
- Do try the sinful Philly cheese-steak! There’s nowhere else in the world that will be able to serve the same flavor!
- Do keep a train and bus schedule handy for your reference. Many stations might not have them available easily.
- Do try and witness some exciting theatre at the Walnut street Theater.
- Catch a sports game live! Head to a stadium near you to experience the Phillies playing or catch a NBA game of the 76ers. The excitement is contagious!
- Try some beer at a local brewery. The Philadelphia Brewing Company is famous for its variety of classy beers.