Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine ArtsCurrently Closed
- Address: 118 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1215-9727600
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Art Gallery, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
A museum and an art school, the Academy houses a magnificent collection of American art. It was established in 1805, and has slowly but steadily become one of the most important art fixtures in the country thanks especially to its regular and terrific exhibitions and acquisitions. The Furness-Hewitt building.
It is regularly described as one of the most magnificent examples of Victorian Architecture in the country. The other building, the Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building, currently houses the Academy. The architecture is wild but the exhibits are even more impressive. Visitors will rarely appreciate one and not the other. When you walk around, you might see some of the students painting from the masterpieces.
- Visit Portfolio, the gift shop.
- Wheelchair Accessible.
- Warning: Large carry items must be checked in. If you have a car, leave them in there.
- Food not permitted into the museum.
- Photography is only permitted in the Historic Landmark Building a.k.a the Furness-Hewitt Building.
- Seniors (60+)/Students (with ID): USD 12.
- Youth (13-18): USD 8.
- Children 12 and under and military personnel (excluding groups): Free
- Buses in Arch St., North 15th St. and North Broad St ; Race Vine Metro Station on North Broad St
- Rex’s Pizza
- Chilly’s Grill and Bar
- The Melting Pot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Philadelphia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Philadelphia and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.63% of people who visit Philadelphia include Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.3% of people start their Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts
86.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts
Temple students get in for free! Cool place with interesting pieces. There's no particular order to where the pieces are, it's all kind of in the same place. There's currently a theme they have going called "Swarm." Their gift shop was great too.
Amazing architecture and one of the few surviving Frank Furness buildings in Philly!
Another terrific art museum in Philly.
It certainly a nice visit. The staff were nice, I was being stared at by one employee but they were just doing their job that everything runs smoothly. I do wish that there were more to explore, it seemed like a place to spend one to two hours on. Perhaps having a more detailed description of the art or the artist would also be nice.
Victoria is so kind to solve our problem on the admission, recommend this place!