Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts920 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 118 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1215-9727600
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Art Gallery, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
A museum and an art school, the Academy houses a magnificent collection of American art. It was established in 1805, and has slowly but steadily become one of the most important art fixtures in the country thanks especially to its regular and terrific exhibitions and acquisitions. The Furness-Hewitt building.
It is regularly described as one of the most magnificent examples of Victorian Architecture in the country. The other building, the Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building, currently houses the Academy. The architecture is wild but the exhibits are even more impressive. Visitors will rarely appreciate one and not the other. When you walk around, you might see some of the students painting from the masterpieces.
Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts Travel Tips
- Visit Portfolio, the gift shop.
- Wheelchair Accessible.
- Warning: Large carry items must be checked in. If you have a car, leave them in there.
- Food not permitted into the museum.
- Photography is only permitted in the Historic Landmark Building a.k.a the Furness-Hewitt Building.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts
- Seniors (60+)/Students (with ID): USD 12.
- Youth (13-18): USD 8.
- Children 12 and under and military personnel (excluding groups): Free
How to Reach Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts
- Buses in Arch St., North 15th St. and North Broad St ; Race Vine Metro Station on North Broad St
- Rex’s Pizza
- Chilly’s Grill and Bar
- The Melting Pot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Philadelphia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Philadelphia and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.86% of people who visit Philadelphia include Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.3% of people start their Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts
86.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts
Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts Reviews & Ratings
What a great museum! The architecture is beautiful. Love the sculptures and fountain in front of the museums. Also, the Rocky statue and the famous Rocky stairs!! This is a popular tourist attraction stop. All the hop-on hop-off tour bus stop at this location. Definitely a must visit place!
The space is beautiful. The staff was very nice. It makes me realize I don’t really understand art though.
Small but select collection. Don't miss the museum store or art supply store. Great place for instruction as well.
I can't talk about the school, but the museum is one of Philadelphia's secret little treasures. If you are an art lover, it is well worth the visit.
Fantastic art work!Great collection of 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st century American and European Art.Wonderful experience.