The first Friday of every month witnesses something called the First Fridays Artwalk where local art galleries, shops and venues open their doors to the public for free. This tradition has been going on since 1994.
- February: An annual event celebrating medieval life and culture is held this month and it’s called Estrella War. The Annual Chinese Week’s Culture and Cuisine Festival is also held in February. One of the most important events in Phoenix.
- March: Phoenix celebrates the annual Polish Festival in March. The month also witnesses the Arizona Scottish Highland Games with many athletic events, competitions and performances.
- April: The Phoenix Film Festival takes place every year in April. It has now become the largest attended festival in Arizona. It is a showcase for short and feature films from the world over. This is one of the most popular festivals in Phoenix.
- May: The Phoenix Comicon is held this month!
- December: The Christmas Mariachi Festival is held every year this month featuring renowned Mariachi bands and dancers.