Musical Instrument Museum2170 Votes Currently Open
Musical Instrument Museum is the largest museum of its kind in the whole world. The museum houses a mind blowing collection of more than 15000 musical instruments. Instruments from all possible places in the world find a place in this museum.
This Museum of Musical Instruments was founded by Robert J. Ulrich and a friend in the year 2010. Mr. Ulrich was an African art collector and a world museum enthusiast. He took inspiration from the musical museum of Belgium and decided to start this.
The most remarkable collections are-
- Indian, Russian and European instruments.
- The collection of Africa is divided into parts representing different genres of music.
The Ground Level:
- The Artist Gallery- This place is filled with photographs, video footages, concert outfits and other such objects linked to many talented and famous singers and musicians.
- The Experience Gallery- This is probably the most interesting part where visitors can get hands on experience of trying various instruments.
- The Target Gallery- This houses the permanent as well the travelling collections of instruments of the museum.
- The Conservation Lab, the Museum Cafe as well as the Museum store make the other parts of the floor.
The Upper Level:
- The Africa and Middle East Gallery- This place has a number of rare instruments from the Sub- Saharan, Middle Eastern and North African countries.
- The Asia and Oceania Gallery- This part comprises of lovely collections from East Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Central Asia and the Caucasus.
- The European Gallery, Latin Gallery and the USA galleries are other beautiful parts in this floor.
Musical Instrument Museum Travel Tips
- There is a large theatre as well as a cafe inside the museum.
- Gift cards are available. Please contact 480-478-6000 or just visit the website.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musical Instrument Museum
- Teens (13-19) - $15.00
- Children (4-12) - $10.00
- Children (ages 3 and under) – Free
- ‘Beyond the Beat’ special exhibition: $10 or $7 when purchased with museum admission.
Musical Instrument Museum Hours
- The various programs and events hours vary always. Check the official website for the current details.
- Last entry is an hour before closing hour.
How to Reach Musical Instrument Museum
- Bus numbers 44 and 186 till Tatum Blvd and Mayo Blvd
- Pita Jungle
- Kona Grill
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Phoenix before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Phoenix and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.53% of people who visit Phoenix include Musical Instrument Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
74.81% of people start their Musical Instrument Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Musical Instrument Museum
92.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musical Instrument Museum