St. Mary's Basilica265 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 400 E Monroe St, Phoenix, AZ 85004, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6023542100
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Outdoors, Observatory, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
This church is officially known as the Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is a Roman Catholic Church under the Diocese of Phoenix. It is the 1st Roman Catholic Church in upper Phoenix and also the place that conserves the largest collection of stained glasswork.
The architecture and design of the church is a combination of Mission Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival styles. The typical design of domes stretching along the whole length of the basilica looks nice here. The pillars and the cupola are two other attractive features here. It is popular among the local people who come for the regular masses and also the periodic events hosted by the body of church officials.
St. Mary's Basilica Travel Tips
- Conservative dressing is expected in the church.
- Do not do photography inside the church.
- Maintain discipline and silence here.
- The church also has a gift shop.
St. Mary's Basilica Hours
- Monday to Friday- 12:05 pm
- Saturday Vigil- 5:00 pm
- Sunday- 9:00 am and 11:00 am
- Holy Days- 12:05 pm and 5:15 pm
How to Reach St. Mary's Basilica
- Bus numbers 1, 3, 7 and SR51 till Van Buren Street and 3rd Street
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Phoenix before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Phoenix and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St. Mary's Basilica Address: 400 E Monroe St, Phoenix, AZ 85004, United States
- St. Mary's Basilica Contact Number: +1-6023542100
- St. Mary's Basilica Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit St. Mary's Basilica(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit St. Mary's Basilica: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
7.51% of people who visit Phoenix include St. Mary's Basilica in their plan
63.64% of people start their St. Mary's Basilica visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see St. Mary's Basilica
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Mary's Basilica
People normally club together South Mountain and Brass Armadillo Antique Mall while planning their visit to St. Mary's Basilica.