Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding CentreCurrently Closed
- Address: Behind the bus stop, by the river Amo Chhu, Phuentsholing, Bhutan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre - Review
If you enjoy some wildlife, don’t miss out on the Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre in Phuentsholing, Bhutan. The crocodile breeding centre is indisputably one of the most popular attractions in the city as you get to see these stealthy and dangerous creatures in real life at pretty close quarters – as they feed or snooze, depending on what time you visit.
Located behind a bus station along the banks of Amo Chhu river, the centre was established here in 1976 with only a dozen crocodiles. The responsibilities of the centre include breeding the animals and taking care of them until they are ready to fend for themselves in their natural habitat, or a nature preserve.
There are currently plans being made to relocate the Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre to a bigger location, where improved facilities can be provided to the crocodiles as the breeding centreis no bigger than a little over half an acre of land at the moment. The centre mainly breeds marsh mugger crocodiles and gharial crocodiles, the latter being fish-eaters listed in the list of ‘Critically Endangered’ species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre Information
- The crocodiles are fed every other day at noon, so trying planning your visit at the beginning of the day and stay in time for that before lunch.
- Speaking of which, pack lunch and carry bottled water.
Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre Ticket Prices
- The entry ticket for the AmoChhu Crocodile Breeding Centre is Nu 50 for non-SAARC nationals(adults).
How To reach Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre by Public Transport
- The centre is a 10-minute walk north of the bus station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Phuentsholing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Phuentsholing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre
95% of people who visit Phuentsholing include Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.45% of people start their Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre
90.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre