Karbandi MonasteryCurrently Closed
- Address: Above Phuentsholing town, Bhutan
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Statue, Family And Kids, Monastery
About Karbandi Monastery, Phuentsholing
Karbandi Goemba or Monastery, at a height of 400 metres, was founded in the year 1967 by the royal grandmother Ashi Phuntsho Choedron, who has had a winter residence here. The modern temple houses large, impressive statues of the Bhutanese deities of Shakyamuni Buddha, Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and Guru Rinpoche. Outside the monastery is a lush garden, alive with greenery, from which visitors will be left slack-jawed at the unparalleled view of the Phuentsholing Town and the Bengal Plain. In the garden you will also find eight different types of Tibetan chortens, or Tibetan Buddhist stupas.
Bhutanese legend has it that after an Indian pilgrim visiting here prayed for a child, and had her wish granted, after which this temple has become a regular shrine for couples hoping to conceive. For the others, there is the commanding view from the temple and is definitely worth making the trip.
Further up the hill, travellers will find small villages, wildlife sanctuaries and the vast expanses bearing gushing, ice-cold waterfalls.
Karbandi Monastery Information
- As there are a few things to do here, it might be good to prepare for a day’s trip.
How To reach Karbandi Monastery by Public Transport
- Take a cab from the town, and walk back. The monastery is located above the town of Phuentsholing.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Phuentsholing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Phuentsholing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Karbandi Monastery
95% of people who visit Phuentsholing include Karbandi Monastery in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
53.17% of people start their Karbandi Monastery visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Karbandi Monastery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Karbandi Monastery
Karbandi Monastery Map
Karbandi Monastery Trips
Karbandi Monastery, Phuentsholing Reviews
All QuestionsKarbandi monastery
- Hill Marine Propellers
- Orange County Motors Sports
- Our Lady Of Guadalupe Church
- Fundamentalist Baptist Church
- Cameron's Place Video Games
- Artists Village Art Walk
- Sd Billiards
- Templo Betel
- Breath Of Fire Latina Theatre Ensemble
- Inglesia Pan De Vida
- Catholic Charities Of Orange County
- Picture Show At Main Place
- Vietnamese Catholic Center
- Pacific Synod Elca
- Canaan Presbyterian Church