Visit Phuket - Best of Phuket
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island. The approximate size of Phuket is equal to Singapore. It has been a hot spot for tourists from all over the world since many years now. The sandy blue beaches, mountains, Buddha temples, authentic Thai cuisine, and jungles make Phuket an extraordinary travel destination. The nightlife is quite vibrant too and you can literally not have enough of this city. Every year, thousands of beach-parched travellers throng the soft white sands of this popular island, making Phuket tours one of the most sought-after holiday activities.
Beaches and water sports are a sure things to do in Phuket trip and with the azure blue waters and verdant landscapes surrounding this paradise; you would want nothing else but that! While water sports offer you all the adventure you need, beaches offer you the serenity that is a great escape for your monotonous life. Phuket very gracefully transforms from a perfect family destination to a completely non-family adventure at night. There is so much life to its night culture, that you cannot help getting completely absorbed into it.
Spend your family holidays in Phuket where you can indulge with your loved ones in world class hospitality that does not burn a hole in the pocket, or plan a scuba diving trip to Phuket with your buddies to discover the wealth of flora and fauna under the crystal clear waters. There is so much to explore underneath, that no number of days can do complete justice to all that this city has to offer to you. You cannot help but getting mesmerized and absorbed in the lovely flora and fauna or a completely different life that the waters of Phuket actually does offer to you. After all, the best of Phuket attractions are under the sea! The only travel tip you need for your trip to Phuket is to carry lots of sunblock and leave all your inhibitions behind. Each one of you should visit Phuket at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Phuket.
Phuket Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Phuket tips for your visit
- Time zone: Comes under Thailand Time Zone. UTC+7:00
- Currency: Thai Baht
- Internet: Internet cafes can be found all over Phuket which provide Internet access. 30-150 Baht per hour is the general rate. Lot of places give free wi-fi access.
- Electricity: The voltage is 220-240AC. Remember to carry an adapter.
- Languages: Central Thai is the official language and used in business and tourism areas. People in general use southern Thai dialect, which sounds more succinct and is spoken faster than the central Thai. English is understood in tourist areas.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Tourist Police- 1155
- Phuket tourist rescue center- (+66) 076.383.907-9
- Phuket International Hospital Ambulance Service: (+66) 076.210.935
- Thailand is a comparatively poor country and hence the crime rates are low. The locals in Phuket are quite used to seeing foreign visitors that are wealthier than themselves and yet their reaction is warm and friendly.
- Do not transport illegal drugs in or out of Thailand or deal in drugs.
- Punishments are severe up to and including death. Do not carry luggage or items for other people unless you know exactly what they contain.
- All people in Thailand are required to carry a recognised form of ID. For most foreign visitors, this will mean their passport.
Off Beaten Path
- Discover Phang Nga on your own. Use the ferry rides.
- Take a short boat ride to Bon Island
- Hike up the Radar Hill. The view point from here is beautiful.
- Discover Secret Phuket Old Town.
- Find Wat Tham Suwan Khuha.
- Tipping is not customary in Thailand, there is absolutely no mandatory requirement to tip anyone, but small gratuities for great service arealways appreciated.
- Tipping in hotels is not compulsary, but you can always leave 20- 50 baht for the porter that carried your bags or even leave that much under your pillow for the cleaner.
- In all restaurants it is a general practice to leave behind any loose change in coins as a tip. In more upscale restaurants, where the service seems excellent to you,giving a larger tip of 5 to 10 percent is a common norm.
- Massage ladies commonly get a more substantial tip of 100 baht.
- Beware of people who befriend you ON the street. In all probability, they have an ulterior motive. If they want to take you to a shop or tour then it is because of the commission they get.
- Tuk-tuk drivers may take you to shops where they get commission.
- You have to be careful when renting cars, motorbikes, jet-skis or other vehicles from street/beach renters. There is a common scam that when you return the vehicle, they claim it has been damaged or scratched and demand compensation. The damage is often pre-existing.
- Do not get dragged into any get-rich-quick schemes. It is not easy to make money in Thailand.
- Beware of anybody offering you assistance at ATMs. There have been recent events of seemingly helpful passers-by offering help with ATM problems when what they are really doing is swiping your card and taking a note of your PIN.
Are you looking for a Phuket travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Phuket Tourist Information
Phuket Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Phuket
Phuket to Koh Yao Noi by Speedboat New on TripHobo
Duration: 40 Mins
Travel from Phuket to Koh Yao Noi by speed boat. Meet at Bang Rong Pier in the northeast of Phuket and get conveniently dropp...Book Now
Small-Group Amazing Phang Nga Bay Sunrise Tour From Khao Lak New on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
Phang Nga Bay & it's hidden gemsOn this tour we will show you Phang Nga Bay from a completely different side. From a brea...Book Now
Khao Lak : Phang Nga Bay and James Bond Island Tour by Longtail Boat New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Cruise the amazing Phang Nga Bay by traditional longtail boat on a full-day tour from Khao Lak. Discover the unique karst for...Book Now
Shared Shuttle : Phuket Airport to Khao Lak Hotel New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Enjoy the convenience of a shared transfer by luxury vehicle from Airport to your Khao Lak resorts. Skip the airpor...Book Now
Popular Hotels in PhuketView all Hotels in Phuket
- Choeng Thale Tourism
- Ko Phi Phi Don Tourism
- Krabi Tourism
- Takdat Tourism
- Phangkan Tourism
- Ratchakrut Tourism
- Ko Yo Tourism
- Hat Yai Tourism
- Ko Samui Tourism
- Ban Khlong Ngae School Tourism
- Ko Pha Ngan Tourism
- Ko Tao Tourism
Facts and Stats for Phuket*
Pollution Statistics in Phuket
Know the pollution level of Phuket before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 35.53 (Low)
Water Pollution 75 (High)
Noise and Light Pollution 61.54 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 67.31 (High)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 59.62 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 69.23 (High)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 46.88 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 59.09 (Moderate)
Phuket: Crime and Safety
How safe is Phuket for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Phuket.
Burglary and Theft 73.04 (High)
Mugging and Robbery 68.27 (High)
Assault and Armed Robbery 68.75 (High)
Corruption and Bribery 91.35 (Very High)
Car Stealing 56.25 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 66.35 (High)
Attacks 46.15 (Moderate)
Drug offense 78.37 (High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 68.27 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 38.94 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 38.46 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 35.29 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 71.63 (High)
Living in Phuket - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Phuket is 114.3 (High)
Safety Index 37.97 (Low)
Climate Index 67.57 (High)
Pollution Index 59.92 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 40.83 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 47.76 (Low)
Health Care Index 71.45 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 13.55 (High)
Purchasing Power Index 57.23 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Phuket
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Phuket
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.05 USD
International Movie per seat 6.68 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 33.15 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 96.16 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 51.62 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.