Phuket Tourism, Thailand
Visit Phuket - Best of Phuket
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island. The approximate size of Phuket is equal to Singapore. It has been a hot spot for tourists from all over the world since many years now. The sandy blue beaches, mountains, Buddha temples, authentic Thai cuisine, and jungles make Phuket an extraordinary travel destination. The nightlife is quite vibrant too and you can literally not have enough of this city. Every year, thousands of beach-parched travellers throng the soft white sands of this popular island, making Phuket tours one of the most sought-after holiday activities.
Beaches and water sports are a sure things to do in Phuket trip and with the azure blue waters and verdant landscapes surrounding this paradise; you would want nothing else but that! While water sports offer you all the adventure you need, beaches offer you the serenity that is a great escape for your monotonous life. Phuket very gracefully transforms from a perfect family destination to a completely non-family adventure at night. There is so much life to its night culture, that you cannot help getting completely absorbed into it.
Spend your family holidays in Phuket where you can indulge with your loved ones in world class hospitality that does not burn a hole in the pocket, or plan a scuba diving trip to Phuket with your buddies to discover the wealth of flora and fauna under the crystal clear waters. There is so much to explore underneath, that no number of days can do complete justice to all that this city has to offer to you. You cannot help but getting mesmerized and absorbed in the lovely flora and fauna or a completely different life that the waters of Phuket actually does offer to you. After all, the best of Phuket attractions are under the sea! The only travel tip you need for your trip to Phuket is to carry lots of sunblock and leave all your inhibitions behind. Each one of you should visit Phuket at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Phuket.
Phuket Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Phuket tips for your visit
- Time zone: Comes under Thailand Time Zone. UTC+7:00
- Currency: Thai Baht
- Internet: Internet cafes can be found all over Phuket which provide Internet access. 30-150 Baht per hour is the general rate. Lot of places give free wi-fi access.
- Electricity: The voltage is 220-240AC. Remember to carry an adapter.
- Languages: Central Thai is the official language and used in business and tourism areas. People in general use southern Thai dialect, which sounds more succinct and is spoken faster than the central Thai. English is understood in tourist areas.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Tourist Police- 1155
- Phuket tourist rescue center- (+66) 076.383.907-9
- Phuket International Hospital Ambulance Service: (+66) 076.210.935
- Thailand is a comparatively poor country and hence the crime rates are low. The locals in Phuket are quite used to seeing foreign visitors that are wealthier than themselves and yet their reaction is warm and friendly.
- Do not transport illegal drugs in or out of Thailand or deal in drugs.
- Punishments are severe up to and including death. Do not carry luggage or items for other people unless you know exactly what they contain.
- All people in Thailand are required to carry a recognised form of ID. For most foreign visitors, this will mean their passport.
Off Beaten Path
- Discover Phang Nga on your own. Use the ferry rides.
- Take a short boat ride to Bon Island
- Hike up the Radar Hill. The view point from here is beautiful.
- Discover Secret Phuket Old Town.
- Find Wat Tham Suwan Khuha.
- Tipping is not customary in Thailand, there is absolutely no mandatory requirement to tip anyone, but small gratuities for great service arealways appreciated.
- Tipping in hotels is not compulsary, but you can always leave 20- 50 baht for the porter that carried your bags or even leave that much under your pillow for the cleaner.
- In all restaurants it is a general practice to leave behind any loose change in coins as a tip. In more upscale restaurants, where the service seems excellent to you,giving a larger tip of 5 to 10 percent is a common norm.
- Massage ladies commonly get a more substantial tip of 100 baht.
- Beware of people who befriend you ON the street. In all probability, they have an ulterior motive. If they want to take you to a shop or tour then it is because of the commission they get.
- Tuk-tuk drivers may take you to shops where they get commission.
- You have to be careful when renting cars, motorbikes, jet-skis or other vehicles from street/beach renters. There is a common scam that when you return the vehicle, they claim it has been damaged or scratched and demand compensation. The damage is often pre-existing.
- Do not get dragged into any get-rich-quick schemes. It is not easy to make money in Thailand.
- Beware of anybody offering you assistance at ATMs. There have been recent events of seemingly helpful passers-by offering help with ATM problems when what they are really doing is swiping your card and taking a note of your PIN.
Are you looking for a Phuket travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Phuket- Know before you go to Phuket
Facts and Stats for Phuket*
Pollution Statistics in Phuket
Know the pollution level of Phuket before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 36.11 (Low)
Water Pollution 75 (High)
Noise and Light Pollution 62.5 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 68.75 (High)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 60.42 (High)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 70.83 (High)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 60 (High)
Phuket: Crime and Safety
How safe is Phuket for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Phuket.
Burglary and Theft 71.28 (High)
Mugging and Robbery 67.71 (High)
Assault and Armed Robbery 68.23 (High)
Corruption and Bribery 90.63 (Very High)
Car Stealing 54.17 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 65.63 (High)
Attacks 42.71 (Moderate)
Drug offense 78.65 (High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 70.83 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 40.1 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 34.38 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 30.85 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 70.83 (High)
Living in Phuket - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Phuket is 113.8 (High)
Safety Index 39.48 (Low)
Climate Index 67.57 (High)
Pollution Index 61.08 (High)
Traffic Commute Time Index 40.83 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 51.84 (Low)
Health Care Index 71.45 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 13.43 (High)
Purchasing Power Index 56.76 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Phuket
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Phuket
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.06 USD
International Movie per seat 6.39 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 35.48 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 95.9 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 49.23 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Phuket Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Phuket
Phuket Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Phuket
Phuket to Koh Yao Noi by Speedboat New on TripHobo
Duration: 40 Mins
Travel from Phuket to Koh Yao Noi by speed boat. Meet at Bang Rong Pier in the northeast of Phuket and get conveniently dropp...Book Now
Save 10%Day Cruise along Phuket Beaches Including Buffet Lunch New on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Spend a day swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing on-board the MV Phuket Champagne on this full-day cruise from Phuket.Admire ...
Old Town Cultural Heritage Tour of Phuket
Duration: 6 Hrs
Phuket has a rich and profound history. This exclusive Old Town Tour starts in the evening and lets you discover the historic...Book Now
Phang Nga canoe from phuket New on TripHobo
Duration: 9 Hrs
Phang Nga by cruisingDiscover amazing caves and lagoons of Phang Nga bay on a full day tour from Phuket. Ride a canoes at Hon...Book Now
- Choeng Thale Tourism
- Ko Phi Phi Don Tourism
- Krabi Tourism
- Bang Wan Tourism
- Ko Phra Thong Tourism
- Hat Yai Tourism