Big Buddha22800 Votes Currently Open
- Address: ยอดเขานาคเกิด Tambon Karon, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +66-835562242
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, View Point, Statue
The big Buddha of Phuket is a recent addition and an important landmark in the Phuket skyline. The remarkable thing about it is that it is visible form the whole of south Phuket. This extremely lavishly built plain white figurine of the Buddha in his usual meditative pose is the pride of Phuket. A beautiful lotus thrones surrounds it. There are thousands of messages written on white stone slabs around it.
The Buddha is a symbol of faith and prayer and is important to Buddhists in Phuket. As it is a religious site it is best visited in the right spirit by the religious tourist. If you do visit it you are sure to get some awe-inspiring views of the ground below. It's a landmark that has to be a part of your 3 days in Phuket itinerary.
Big Buddha Travel Tips
- The donation boxes at the bottom of the building are the only way in which this touristic site is financed.
- Do not wear beachwear, short skirts and T-shirts with hostile writings or pictures.
- If you wish to catch the sunset, be there before 6:30pm.
How to Reach Big Buddha
- Yot Sane 1, Karon
- Bliss Beach Club
- Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Phuket before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Phuket and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Phuket include Big Buddha in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.56% of people start their Big Buddha visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Big Buddha
91.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Big Buddha