Coral Island, Phuket
About Coral Island, Phuket
Coral Island, Phuket - Address
Address: ambon Rawai Amphoe Mueang Phuket Chang Wat Phuket 83100泰国, Tambon Rawai, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83100, Thailand
Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 243 times in trip plans
Island, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This 2.5 kilometer long island’s name doesn’t refer to an underwater paradise. The literal translation of its name is ‘Crowded Island’. Which is understandable, as this is among the closest of islands you can make a day trip to around Phuket. It is recommended that you spend the night. Dining options here are very romantic.
Now while most of the crowd hangs out at Long Beach, and you will find bars pumping music, serving beers, bringing your food and drinks to your sun bed on a beach which constantly has boats coming in and out, most people head to the islands to avoid all this.
So if you want a bit of peace and quiet try getting a boat driver to take you around to Banana Beach or Freedom Beach. Both of these beaches have better snorkeling Waterston Long Beach anyway, and are much more charming to look at too. and both these beaches have restaurants and loungers of their own.
The island also has some trails in its forest, but these can be tricky, and you should wear good shoes.
Coral Island Ticket Prices
- A longtail boat to the island should cost between 1000 and 1500 baht, return trip included. 5000 baht for the speedboat.
How To reach Coral Island by Public Transport
- Charter a boat from Chalong Pier.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Phuket before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Phuket and book an accommodation of your choice.
Coral Island, Phuket Reviews - Write a Review
Very nice sandy beach, a lot of people too. Unfortunately, if you are not up to organized 'activities', there is relatively little to do (except swimming and getting tanned). I would not go there back by myself but I can imagine that many people would love this picturesque beach.
Nice beautiful island. However it's quite crowded and there's many boats surrounding the area. Most people in the water are around the shore. There's little to no people in the deeper area for snorkelling, if you want to do that. However, everything for sale is very overpriced. There are many things to do such as banana boating and sea walking, which are for an additional fee. Don't do scuba diving. It's extremely expensive and it has the same experience as snorkelling, which is free. Make sure to book through an agent so you can get everything such as food and snorkelling equipment. The water isn't very clear and there's lots of litter. Finally, when going to/from the boat, be careful on the floating bridge as it's slippy and moves up and down.
Coral Island is a great place to go for a full day escape. Best to book your tickets through a travel agent and it will most likely include lunch and the use of snorkeling equipment. The space allocated to snorkel is a bit crowded and the water isn't clear which makes it difficult. There are a few sharp broken shells on the beach so be cautious of this. Overall a nice place to visit. It is very touristy and the items for sale are over priced. Lockers available to rent for 100 baht
A beautiful place, but if they do not limit tourist activities, nature will be destroyed. Think about it.
1. It is nice place for para sailing and underwater diving and a beach at the end. 2. You can see underwater creatures just by wearing those dress which we see in pictures with gas cylinder. 3. You can do para sailing of two types: I.Above sea level where you don't get wet thoroughly. II. You would be submerged in sea and you are located in sky tied to a boat and your balloon over you make you fall due to no air... You go little inside water then boat starts and you are again on sky.. I recommend para sailing to all.#NoFearAtAll
- Nearby Attractions
- Oasis Spa Phuket Laguna
- Rayaburi Hotel Patong
- Promthep Cape
- Rang Hill Dental Clinic
- Palmyra Patong Resort
- Kata Tranquil Villa
- โกปี่เตี่ยม - Kopitiam By Wilai (phuket)
- Korsiri Villas
- Loh Samah Bay
- Loh Dalum Beach
- Phuket Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Phuket
- What to See in 48 Hours in Phuket
- What to See in 72 Hours in Phuket
- How to Spend 5 Days in Phuket
- How to Spend 6 Days in Phuket
- How to Spend 7 Days in Phuket