How to Reach Phuket
HOW TO GET TO PHUKET
- By Air: The Phuket International Airport (HKT) is well connected to several major cities. You will also be able to reach it quite easily from any other city in the country, with many direct flights to Phuket. There are a few easy commuting options from the airport to destinations. One can go for a municipal A/C bus, mini-bus service, metered (yellow) taxi, and limousine (blue) taxi.
- By Bus: Phuket has two main bus terminals. One is in the north, which is the new one and all long distance buses operate from here. One is in the central town and buses go to destinations like Khao Lak, Krabi, Phang Nga,etc.
- By Train: You can get off at Phun Phin railway station which is near Surat Thani and continue for other 5 hours on a bus to Phuket.
HOW TO GET AROUND PHUKET
For local commuting, one can choose from a host of options:
- By Car: Easy, convenient but expensive, this is a good option for families. You can drive on your own and it will be at your disposal at all times.
- By Taxis: These are easily available but not convenient as the number of people who can travel is limited.
- By Bike: This is the way most youngsters will choose to travel. You can rent a bike at several outlets and it is quite convenient to travel with one.
- Public Transport: Bus, train, and even a boat are good options for cheap and easy travel.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Phuket. The most preferred mode of transport in Phuket is Car.
Average distance: 17 km Average time: 37.86 min
Car 50%Driving 31.25 min Overall average time for 10.5 kms 31.25 min
Bike 12.5%Bike 70 min Overall average time for 45 kms 70 min
Motorbike 25%Motorbike 32.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 16 kms 35 min