Wat Chalong Temple, Phuket
About Wat Chalong Temple, Phuket
Wat Chalong Temple, Phuket - Address
Address: Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 160.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Wats are Buddhist Temples that are important and sacred places for the Buddhists in Thailand. The Wat Chalong is a very beautiful temple of this sort and is considered to be the most important of the 29 that exist in Phuket.
This temple has a sharp and tall roof and typical Thai Buddhist architecture. It is a gorgeous site but entering it will make you realize its importance as a religious place. Calm and serene, it instills a sort of peace in every soul. Surrounded by greenery and full of intricately designed serene interiors it is an important place for both the tourists and the locals. There is also a market not far from there, in which all the profits from the shops go to the temple. If you have 3 days in Phuket, this Buddhist Temple is a must in your itinerary.
Welcome to one of the magnificent Buddhist temples, Wat Chalong Temple in Thailand. Since it is a religious site, there are no tickets for Wat Chalong Temple. You can enter freely. However, as you book tickets for Wat Chalong Temple with our tours, you will be enlightened on the history and significance of this place. Wat Chalong Temple Tickets are subjective with our tours as you can combine them with a visit to other attractions. Wat Chalong Temple ticket prices with our tours are affordable as you book them with us.
Wat Chalong Temple Information
- Keep in mind that you will need to take your shoes off during while entering most of the temples. Plan accordingly and do not wear shoes that don’t fit or are difficult to remove.
- A lot of the times mix ups may happen and shoes may be lost as there aren’t proper places to store them in. Wearing simple flip flops is the best option here.
- Women are required to dress conservatively. Make sure your dress cover your shoulder and if you are wearing skirts or pants, it should extend below the knee.
- Certain level of respect is required to be shown while visiting the temple.
- Speak in low tone within the temple.
- Don’t touch the statues or the relics.
How To reach Wat Chalong Temple by Public Transport
- By hired car.
Restaurants Near Wat Chalong Temple
- Muay Thai
- We cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Phuket before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Phuket and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wat Chalong Temple, Phuket Reviews - Write a Review
Has many beautiful structures. The hall with numerous Buddha statues was especially stunning. Photography is totally allowed and you can go snap snap as this place offers unending opportunities with its beautiful architecture. Don't forget to visit the lake towards the back of the compound. You can even feed the fish there. Cool place to hang out. The top of one of the temples also has the view of the Big Buddha.
Another very beautiful place. Be careful the area is often wet from rain. Easy to slip.
The most beautiful temple I've ever been to. The buildings are so detailed. Also, don't waste your money at Patong Beach or Bangla Road. You can purchase clothes or other goodies here way cheaper. I wish I didn't spend 400 baht on coin bags when I could've purchased them here for 100 baht.
This is worth a visit. It's entertaining to see the cats and dogs wondering freely through the temples, architecture is fascinating as well
Was extremely interesting to see the practices of those at the temple. The atmosphere was pleasant and those there had auras of respect for foreign visitors.
- Nearby Attractions
- Sugar Marina Resort - Fashion
- Pattaya Beach
- After Beach
- Zag Club
- Perennial Resort
- Cairo Egyptian Restaurant
- 6th Avenue
- Phuket Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Phuket
- What to See in 48 Hours in Phuket
- What to See in 72 Hours in Phuket
- How to Spend 5 Days in Phuket
- How to Spend 6 Days in Phuket
- How to Spend 7 Days in Phuket