How to Reach Pietermaritzburg
How to reach Pietermaritzburg
HOW TO GET TO PIETERMARITZBURG
- By Air: There are daily domestic flights to Pietermaritzburg from Johannesburg. International flights land at Durban International Airport. It is a 45 minutes’ drive from the airport. Hire a cab from the airport to get to the City.
- By Rail: Trains to Pietermaritzburg connect it well to the neighbouring cities. These inter-city trains are operated by Spoornet. The Pietermaritzburg Station is located on Railway and Pine Streets in the South Western corner of the city centre. Arrange for a shuttle or a cab and avoid much walking in the area as it might be unsafe.
- By Bus: Many bus service providers have daily buses to and from Pietermaritzburg. Bus station is located at Burger Street. Grey Hound is the most preferred service operator.
- By Car: Durban to Pietermaritzburg is an 80 kilometres stretch on the N3 and makes for a good drive.
HOW TO GET AROUND PIETERMARITZBURG
- The best way to get around the City is by hiring a cab. Only when the attractions are in close proximity, you may opt to walk. Public transport even though cheap may be unsafe at times.
Modes of Transportation in Pietermaritzburg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Pietermaritzburg. The most preferred mode of transport in Pietermaritzburg is Car.
Average distance: 13.67 km Average time: 28.33 min
Car 100%Driving 28.33 min Overall average time for 13.67 kms 28.33 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Durban
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Cape Town
- How To Reach Kruger National Park
- How To Reach Johannesburg
- How To Reach Pilanesberg National Park
- How To Reach Hoedspruit
- How To Reach Sun City
- How To Reach Stellenbosch
- How To Reach Nelspruit
- How To Reach Bloemfontein
- How To Reach Mossel Bay