Appalachian Outdoors Whitewater RaftingCurrently Closed
Embrace your adventurous spirit and paddle the spectacular Pigeon River through safe yet challenging rapids and swifts. With your experienced guides, explore the pristine wilderness of the Smoky Mountains. A trusty guide will help you down, and help manoeuvring through the rapids of white foam. Explore unspoiled wild lands rich in wildlife, history and culture. Imagine white foam rushing over the top of your raft with your gaze fixed squarely ahead. Do avoid that next big rock! This is just what a person might experience on a white-water rafting Smokies Adventure.
White-water usually spelled white water is formed in a rapid, when a river's gradient increases enough to create a lot of turbulence. The air is entrained into the water body, that is, it forms a bubbly or aerated and unstable current. The frothy water appears then appears white. The term is also loosely used to refer to less turbulent, but still agitated, flows. Four factors, separately or in combination, can create rapids, gradient, constriction, obstruction and flow rate. Flow rate is dependent upon both seasonal variation in precipitation and snowmelt and upon release rates of upstream dams.
A boulder or ledge in the middle of a river can obstruct the flow of the river, and can also create a pillow. When water flows pour over, it creates the foam.
Rafting and white water rafting are outdoor activity using an inflatable raft to navigate a river or other bodies of water. The development of this activity as a leisure sport has become popular since the mid-1970s. Multi-person rafts are propelled by single-bladed paddles and steered by a tour guide at the stern.
Appalachian Outdoors is your control centre for a Smoky Mountain white water rafting adventure. Appalachian Outdoors offers guided Pigeon River white water rafting trips for the whole family. Never been white water rafting before? Not a problem. Appalachian Outdoors welcomes beginning rafters and they provide a guide. The scenery surrounding the upper and lower sections of the Pigeon River is just as breath taking as the rapids.
Appalachian Outdoors Whitewater Rafting Travel Tips
- Ticket Prices: $ 42 + tax
- Tips & Warnings: They have upper river rafting, lower river rafting and combo trips.
- Youth groups, corporate retreats, and family reunions are just a few of the groups they take rafting every season.
- They have attractive discount packages for groups and if you book online.
- Picnic Area, Grills, Swimming Beach, Swing Area for Small Children, Nature Trail are available on site.
- Buy disposable cameras from the gift shop, do not bring your own.
- The best thing to wear is shorts and a t-shirt made of quick-dry, synthetic material.
- No flip-flops, Crocs, or bare feet wear sneakers, river sandals, or water shoes.
- Trained Guide in every raft, life jackets and helmets are provided.
- Mama's Kitchen- American
- Carver's Applehouse- American
- Pigeon River Smokehouse- American
- Two Guys and a Pig Almost Famous Bbq- American
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pigeon Forge before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pigeon Forge and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.21% of people who visit Pigeon Forge include Appalachian Outdoors Whitewater Rafting in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
85.71% of people start their Appalachian Outdoors Whitewater Rafting visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Appalachian Outdoors Whitewater Rafting
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Appalachian Outdoors Whitewater Rafting