With wine, you can tell quite a bit about it by looking at it. You should always start by pouring the wine into a clear glass, then taking a few minutes to look at the colour. As far as the colour goes, white wines aren't white, but actually yellow, green, or brown. Red wines on the other hand are normally a pale red or dark brown colour. Red wine gets better with age, while white wines get staler with age. Offer someone a glass of wine and you can immediately tell whether he is a connoisseur by the way they hold the glass. Even though you may not think of yourself as a connoisseur, you could still learn how to hold the wine glass. At Mountain Valley Winery, you can taste wine and learn more about the wine making process. The tour and the tasting is free so get there when you are in Pigeon Forge.
Mountain Valley Winery, the largest of two dozen or so wineries in Tennessee is on the Pigeon Forge Parkway. They produce more than a dozen wines, all made from grapes grown in the local vineyards. Grapes are certainly a multi-purpose fruit, being used for wine, baked goods, jams, and for eating fresh off the vine. With their ability to grow in many places around the world, they are a great addition to any garden. There are three general types of grapes: American, European, and Muscadine grapes. American grapes grow best in warm, sunny climates like that of central California. European grapes are common in Europe and Northern parts of the US, and Muscadine grapes are commonly found in the Southern US. The location should be a permanent one that will offer up plenty of room for future grapevines. Grapevines thrive in sloped and hilly areas that offer up plenty of drainage and sunlight. Little pest control is needed as grapevines are naturally hardy. Pigeon Forge meets all the conditions for perfect vineyards.
When you first open a bottle of sparkling wine, the carbon dioxide aroma that instantly fills the air is an experience that you have to smell to believe. A true feast for all of your senses, sparkling wine can instantly put you at ease. Drinking this wine is a feast for your taste buds, bringing several different flavours to rest on your tongue at the same time. . The wine at Mountain Valley Winery includes dry wines, semi-sweet wines and dessert wines.
The Mountain Valley Winery building is beautiful. It's all rock and similar to an old castle. There is a gift shop selling Tennessee farm products, such as cheese. So pick up some wines and cheese and head back home with them and present them as gifts or cherish them as souvenirs!
Mountain Valley Winery Travel Tips
- Tips & Warnings: Make a point to stop in during October and buy some of their "pink" in support of breast cancer awareness.
- Their wines are sweet. So if you're a dry wine person, this may not be the best place for you.
- They also have a cute little wine store with wine accessories.
- You are welcome anytime and do not need a reservation.
- It has a large parking lot and it is wheel chair friendly.
- They accept all international cards.
- All five wineries are open 7 days a week, and are closed only on Christmas Day.
- They started producing wine in 1991. They created many popular award-winning varieties.
- They focus on making French and German style wines along with a great selection of sweet fruit wines like muscadine.
- It is not a place meant for children.
- O'Charley's: American
- SalsaRitas: Mexican
- Show Place Dinner Theatre: American
- Wood Grill Buffet: Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pigeon Forge before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pigeon Forge and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.49% of people who visit Pigeon Forge include Mountain Valley Winery in their plan
50% of people start their Mountain Valley Winery visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mountain Valley Winery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mountain Valley Winery