Three Bears General Store323 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2861 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8654534734
- Ticket Price: 3 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Off Beaten Path, Play, Family And Kids, Specialty Shop
The story of the teddy bear is known to every American school child. President Theodore Roosevelt was hunting bear but he could not find any. His guide caught him a little cub and tied it to a tree. Disgusted, Roosevelt refused to shoot the animal, fortifying his reputation as a man of mercy and principle. Political cartoons featured the President and his bear, and toymakers exploited, making stuffed teddies that still fly off the shelves to this day. Bears are not territorial and the Giant Panda is actually a bear. Did you know that unlike a lot of animals, bears can see in colour? He can see you as your see him! You have come to Smoky Mountains to spot a few of these black bears, with no luck. So come to the Three Bears General Store and watch them safely. The store is home to live bears.
It is also the largest gift shop on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. There is an aqua massage bed parlour, an Olde Tyme photo studio and shelves of burning hot sauces. Replica bears stand in an alcove above the door, beneath a banner that reads, "Jesus Saves." The entrance to the bear habitat is located at the back of the store on the second floor, past the children’s toy department. Pay for admission at the habitat entrance, then enter and feed the live black bears. These are Asian black bears, whose native turf is halfway around the world. Their habitat has waterfalls, multiple privacy dens and viewing platform. The habitat is made of cement and you can see the 5 bears playing, or standing on hind legs to attract food from people. The bears are only fed three times a day (to keep off the fat). The treats that you purchase at the cash register are healthy apples and grapes.
Huddled inside, you will find Make-UR-Bear Factory complete with outfits and accessories. A family-sized arcade packed full of fun has a Harley which you can sit on. Or simply chill on the Hillbilly. Their gift shop has Amish jams and jellies and 555 souvenirs. Their handmade fudge is something you have to try. They are proud of their excellent southern hospitality and invites you in.
Three Bears General Store Travel Tips
- Other Ticket Prices: An additional $1.25 for tray of bear snacks.
- Tips & Warnings: If you want to feed the bears, plan your visit during the four hours of feeding time each day (10 am – Noon, 3-4 pm, 7-8 pm).
- The coupons section of the Three Bears General Store’s website has a printable buy one get one free bear admission coupon.
- Proceeds from admission and bear food goes to pay for the upkeep of the habitat.
- They accept all international cards and they have a parking lot.
- Not only are they wheel chair friendly, they allow dogs in as well.
- Domino's Pizza- Pizza
- TGI Fridays- American, Steakhouse, Burgers
- Reagan's House of Pancakes- Dessert
- Sawyer's Farmhouse Breakfast- American, Crepes
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pigeon Forge before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pigeon Forge and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.71% of people who visit Pigeon Forge include Three Bears General Store in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
42.11% of people start their Three Bears General Store visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Three Bears General Store
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Three Bears General Store