Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex, Pilanesberg National Park
About Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex, Pilanesberg National Park
Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex, Pilanesberg National Park - Address, Phone Number
Address: Pilanesberg National Park, Bojanala, North West, South Africa
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 6.6K times in trip plans
Geological Formation, View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The 'Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex' is the park's primary geological feature and is one of the largest volcanic complexes of its type in the world. A dream come true for the geologist (professional as well as amateur) in you, one gets to see rare rock types and formations making it a fairly unique geological feature. It is located within the Witwatersrand range comprising a vast circular crater of an extinct volcano that last erupted some 1,200 million years ago. Over a period of time, this huge volcano weathered into concentric rings which, today, rise up to 700 meters above the plains.
Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex Information
- Wear sturdy shoes.
- Don't forget to carry your camera!
Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex Ticket Prices
- Only entry fees to the Pilanesberg National Park apply.
Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex Opening and Closing Hours
- Best visited during daylight hours.
- Please enquire before you visit.
How To reach Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex by Public Transport
- Self drive or through guided tours.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pilanesberg National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pilanesberg National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex, Pilanesberg National Park Reviews - Write a Review
- Pilanesberg National Park Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Pilanesberg National Park
- What to See in 48 Hours in Pilanesberg National Park
- What to See in 72 Hours in Pilanesberg National Park
- How to Spend 5 Days in Pilanesberg National Park
- How to Spend 6 Days in Pilanesberg National Park
- How to Spend 7 Days in Pilanesberg National Park