Pingyao Ancient Government OfficeCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Center of the County, Pingyao County 030000,China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 120 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids, Office
Pingyao Ancient Government Office - Review
Pingyao Ancient Government office (also known as Gu Xianya) is a well-preserved structure that functioned as a government office and a court for civil disputes. Spread over an area of more than 26,000 square meters, the compound consists of an executive office, a tax office, a trial hall and a prison. It also has a hall dedicated to Buddha worshipers. The building is laid out in such an order that each new layer represents a higher level of importance until you reach the private area that served as the Judges residence, followed by a small garden to rest. It is an excellent site for people to discover what an ancient Chinese local government functioned like. Highlights and must sees include:
- The Daily shows re-enacting an old court trial on a civil dispute
- The Torture museum
Pingyao Ancient Government Office Information
- Check the show timings of the re-enacted court trial in advance.
- It is advised to visit the site with a local friend, as most of the communication happens in Mandarin here.
How To reach Pingyao Ancient Government Office by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pingyao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pingyao and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pingyao Ancient Government Office
95% of people who visit Pingyao include Pingyao Ancient Government Office in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.41% of people start their Pingyao Ancient Government Office visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pingyao Ancient Government Office
86.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pingyao Ancient Government Office