Pingyao Confucian TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 67 Chenghuangmiao St, Pingyao, Jinzhong, Shanxi, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-3545682948
- Ticket Price: 20 CNY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Pingyao Confucian Temple, located in the Ancient city of Pingyao of Shanxi province, was built in the Zhenguan era of the Tang dynasty. This temple has one of the longest histories among all the currently existing Confucian temples in China. The original temple was not built as a memorial temple, but rather served as a family temple of Confucius himself. The compound has been blessed with a sophisticated layout, which helped it earned the title of the ‘Little Forbidden City’. Highlights and must sees include:
- Kuixing Hall – Dedicated to the Chinese holy guard of students.
- Wenchang Hall - Dedicated to the Chinese God of Literature.
- Lingxing Hall - Dedicated to the Chinese God in charge of Harvest.
- Dacheng Hall – The statue of Confucius and his achievements on display here.
- Rainbow Bridge
- Pan Bridge (also known as the Zhuangyuan bridge).
- It is advised to leave early for the site, as it is located at a distance from the center of the city.
- Free: The ticket prices for this attraction is covered in the Joint ticket of Pingyao Ancient City that costs CNY 150.
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pingyao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pingyao and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.43% of people who visit Pingyao include Pingyao Confucian Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45.45% of people start their Pingyao Confucian Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Pingyao Confucian Temple
50% of people prefer walking in order to reach Pingyao Confucian Temple