The Qiao Family compound is located in the central part of the Qiao town in Shanxi province. Spread over an area of over two acres, the compound is huge and castle-like. It served as Qiao Zhiyong’s (The Qiao family third-generation commercial tycoon’s) former residence. The compound consists of 6 main courtyards and 20 smaller courtyards around. There are more than 300 rooms and several gardens linked together around these courtyards. The interiors are fabulously furnished and the structure looks majestic and heavily fortified from outside. Highlights and must sees include:
- Qixian Folk Museum, with more than 5,000 pieces of ancient chinese relics on display.
- Luxurious furniture
- Brick and Wood carving
- Exquisite patterns on the doors, windows, stairs and balustrades
- Beautiful Gold Murals under each eave of the compound
- The ‘Ren zhou yi fu’ tablet and the ‘Fu zhong lang huan’ tablet
- 10 meter high Parapet walls
- You can hire a guide at the entrance gates to understand the place better.
- Take train K690 from Taiyuan to Qixian County.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pingyao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pingyao and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.18% of people who visit Pingyao include Qiao's Family Compound in their plan
95% of people start their Qiao's Family Compound visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Qiao's Family Compound
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Qiao's Family Compound
People normally also visit Zhenguo Temple while planning their trip to Qiao's Family Compound.