Are you looking for what to do in Pingyao?
PLACES TO SEE
- Ancient City of Pingyao: Here you can watch history come alive right in front of your eyes. One of the best tourist attractions of the county, and the only reason so many tourists visit Pongyao. The ancient city is like a living museum and has wonderful sights, great shops and fantastic restaurants to offer. Prioritise this site in your itinerary planner.
- City Wall: Walk around the city walls to get a sense of Pongyao’s history. It will be a good idea to employ a tourist guide to give you all the information you would need.
- Qiao’s Family Compound: This site is around 30 km away from Pingyao and is a must-visit if you have some time on your hands. This is the residence where the Qiao family lived. It will be a wise decision to audio guide to get a feel of the place. Jot this place down in your itineraries.
- Shuanglin Temple: A temple brimming with history, a few km away from the ancient city. You will see ancient carvings and statues. One of the quieter places to visit.
- Pingyao Confucian Temple: Confucius say, you miss out if you don’t visit this temple. Go sightseeing in this ancient building, preferably with a travel guide. Lots of interesting statues and decorations to see.
- Pingyao Cycling Tour: Peddle your heart out and go for a more interesting way to visit this ancient, historical city.
- Pingyao Private Guide: If you’re looking for things to do and don’t know what to see and where to start, hire this tour guide and they will show you all there is to see.
Below we have a list of things to do in Pingyao and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Pingyao getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Pingyao with confidence.