Wang Family Compound, Pingyao
Wang Family Compound, Pingyao - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Jingsheng Village, Lingshi County, Shanxi Province, China
Ticket Price: 66 CNY
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 774 times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Outdoors, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Wang Family Compound, Pingyao
This is a luxurious residential site, built in the 18th century. It is 35 kilometres from Pingyao. What was once the residence of the Wang family in the past is now a museum of architectural art. The compound is huge. It covers an area of 150,000 square metres. It is like a complete village in itself- an old township on display to explain how the lifestyle used to be in the olden times. The place has been divided into two parts- the East courtyard and the West Courtyard. The structure of the buildings is complex. You will feel like you are walking through a labyrinth. At the same time you can observe and appreciate the intricate details in the Qing Dynasty architecture. Highlights include:
- Sculptures of Stone, Wood and Brick
- Private School Yards
- Wang Family items
- The Painting and Calligraphy Hall
- The Treasury hall
- The Red Gate Castle
Wang Family Compound Information
- Avoid visiting this place in the monsoon season.
- The walk is long and tiring. Wear suitable footwear and carry water bottles with you.
How To reach Wang Family Compound by Public Transport
- Coach: Take a coach from Taiyuan. It will take you 2 hours to reach.
- Train: Take a train from Pingyao to Jiexiu or Lingshi Railway Station and then take the Jiexiu bus no.11 (fare: CNY4). Travel Time: 40mins.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pingyao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pingyao and book an accommodation of your choice.