Are you looking for what to do in Pisa?
PLACES TO SEE
Aside from the Leaning Tower of Pisa, there are many other city attractions:
- Camposanto (Cemetery/Holy Field): The Camposanto Pisa is large and walled cemetery located north of the Duomo cathefral. This is one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the world, although it was heavily bombed in 1944. Although damaged frescoes were removed, their original sketches were found underneath and are now on display along with an interesting 2nd-century BC Greek vase.
- Orto Botanico di Pisa (Botanical Gardens): Just a few minutes from the tower one can revel in the spectacular variety of the botanic gardens that were founded in the 1540s, the oldest in Europe.
- Piazza dei Cavalieri: The historic curving structure was laid out in 1560 by Giorgio Vasari. The Palazzo dei Cavalieri adjoins the church of Santo Stefano dei Cavalieri, and on the other side one can find the stoic Palazzo dell'Orologio. East of the Palazzo is Borgo Street, one of Pisa’s prime shopping districts.
THINGS TO DO
Pisa is one of Italy’s shopping paradises. The interesting streets sell a wide range of Italian goods of high quality. These include trendy clothes, jewelry, souvenirs and tempting treats to eat.
- Borgo Stretto: This lane is one of the most exclusive in Pisa, but the backstreets close by often have far more interesting items.Via Buonarroti, Via San Martino, and Marina di Pisa Market: These 3 vibrant markets are well worth a hunt for unique treasures.
- At night, the River Arno is transformed from a mundane daily existence to a hip and vibrant meeting place to see and be seen.
- Amaltea At this relaxed cocktail bar, you can enjoy a well-made beverage and mix with the locals that frequent the bar.
Below we have a list of things to do in Pisa and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Pisa getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Pisa with confidence.