Pismo Beach Tourism, California
Visit Pismo Beach - Best of Pismo Beach
California certainly doesn’t cease to enchant with its magical coast line cities. This “Clam Capital of the World” is a part of the Five Cities Area in San Luis Obispo County. Deriving its name from the Chumash language word for tar, Pismu', Pismo Beach had several tar springs in Price Canyon in close locality. Today, a classic beach town the city draws visitors for several reasons. Its serene white beaches stretch into infinity, that make for the perfect sunset strolls, coupled with great weather make for a fabulous day. Its fabulous area wineries cannot be left unmentioned of either. Hold on, if you thought Pismo Beach was all quiet and unexciting. Its scope for adventure will leave you speechless. From water sorts to sand dunes’ activities, Pismo Beach signs you up for on enthralling vacation! Horseback riding, golf, and even shopping, there is something for literally everyone here. Of course, fishing at its 1200-foot pier is an experience in its own. Naturally, the flora and fauna is ought to be very rich in such surroundings and so you will find several butterflies hovering about. Its caves and coves offer great kayaking opportunities too. Recognising this draw, there are umpteen resorts and hotels in the city that offer spectacular rejuvenation and relaxation. Also, providing unique entertainment throughout the year are its festivals and events.
Pismo Beach Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Pismo Beach tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time Zone; UTC-8/-7
- Currency: USD
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 120 V/ 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: English is the only language spoken at Pismo Beach.
- Security: Dial 911 for Police, Ambulance or Fire Brigade.
- Off-beaten Path: Viewing the sea birds and mammals is a great experience, anyone will enjoy. The Farmer’s Market in San Luis Obispo too is a good off beat thing to do at Pismo Beach.
- Tipping: A top of 5-10% of bill is appreciated.
Are you looking for a Pismo Beach travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Pismo Beach- Know before you go to Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Pismo Beach
- San Luis Obispo Tourism
- Big Sur Tourism
- Fresno Tourism
- Malibu Tourism
- Santa Monica Tourism
- Santa Cruz Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism