Carnegie Science CenterCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 Allegheny Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, United States, 15212
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4122373400
- Fax: +1-4122373414
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Science Museums, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
The Carnegie Science Center is the most visited museum in Pittsburgh. It is a four floor building filled with scientific exhibits, and is equipped with three demonstration theatres as well. The Carnegie Science Center includes the new Buhl Digital Dome, which is equipped with cutting edge projection technology, the Rangos Omnimax Theater, the Miniature Railroad & Village, the USS Requin (a World War II submarine) and Roboworld, widely acknowledged as ‘the world's largest permanent robotics exhibit’.
Apart from numerous scientific interactive displays and exhibits on all levels, the Center also has hundreds of historic landmarks; The Carnegie Science Center is also home to the Highmark Sports Works Centre, which aims to unite the experience of sports with the laws of science at every age level. In a sports crazy city like Pittsburgh, it is a great place to have. It offers nearly 30 interactive experiences in three thematic areas: Lifeworks, Physics of Sports, and Sports Challenge.
- Experience the magical world of magnetic forces, lasers, and sound at the Exploration Station, a crowd favourite.
- For the budding scientists, there is a junior exploration station designed especially for children.
- You can also visit Space Place, featuring a two-story, walk-in replica of the International Space Station.
The Carnegie Science Center isn’t the most visited museum in Pittsburgh for nothing. It is a highly interactive attraction, where there is something for people of all ages. Not only that, it is a highly enriching and enlightening experience for children and adults alike.
- Carnegie Science Center is accessible to persons with disabilities. However, some exhibits require full physical mobility.
- Because of heavy traffic and traffic restrictions on the North Side, Carnegie Science Center is typically closed on days when there are Steelers home games or other major events at Heinz Field.
- The exhibit floors are accessed by ramps and an elevator.
- Children: $11.95
- Omnimax + Laser Show can be included in the ticket for an extra charge.
- Strollers are available for rental ($5) as are wheelchairs (free).
- Visitor parking at Carnegie Science is $5 per vehicle for non-CMP members and $3 per vehicle for CMP members.
- Bus: M Red, M BLLB, M BLSV all take you to Carnegie Science Centre from Steel Plaza Station, via Allegheny Station.
- Primanti Bros
- Grand View Buffet
- Pittsburgh Grill & Sports Bar
- Pittsburgh Grille
- Andrew’s Steak & Seafood
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.74% of people who visit Pittsburgh include Carnegie Science Center in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
82.05% of people start their Carnegie Science Center visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Carnegie Science Center
94.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carnegie Science Center
Our family had a great time here. A lot of learning while having fun. I love to see my son get excited about learning and this is the place to do it. Everything from the exhibits to the staff are top quality. Parking isn't the best but I would definitely recommend it. We will be back soon.
Had my sons birthday party here. Wonderful staff, large party rooms, and great catering. I wished I was able to have the same wonderful woman who helped us in the beginning throughout the whole party. You can come as early as you like and stay until closing with party reservations. Definitely would love to have another party here again once he's older :-)
We came in from out of town and saw this museum in one of the "things to do books" at our hotel. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the wonderful exhibits and shows! This place is HUGE; you could spend an entire day here.Very family friendly, so be prepared to keep on the lookout for the baby kids running around everywhere, but there is something for everyone! Highly recommend!
Very cool exhibits. My wife and I had a lot of fun just walking around and reading exhibits. We also had fun acting like kids and just enjoying our time together. Very educational and a must if you have children. The highnark sports works was fun too. I think we enjoyed the planetarium the most.
It was a good time with lots of shows and hands on activities. We went without kids and still had a pretty good time. Also it was a Saturday and the crowd size was about as expected. There was a lot of people, but could still easily move around and do activities without much of a wait. One recommendation is to give yourself plenty of time and plan your trip to skip some shows and you can see and play with exhibits faster when shows are going on.