Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh267 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 10 Children's Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4123225058
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Children Museums, Family And Kids
The Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is a children's museum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is in the Allegheny Center neighbourhood in Pittsburgh's North side. It is one of the most wonderful places in the city to take your children, as it has a huge number of exciting programs for children in every field imaginable, from dance and rocket building to quilting and robotics. The Children’s Museum is also known for hosting talented visiting artists who offer workshops in a host of media, including pottery, Japanese paper cutting, animation and painting.
The museum was founded in 1983, and is situated in the north side of Pittsburgh. It was expanded in the early 2000s into the defunct planetarium building nearby, which made it the largest Silver LEED certified museum in the country. It is well known for all its exhibits being extremely child friendly and interactive, which makes it a lot of fun for both the kids and the parents as well! It is also known for its famous ‘backyard’, which is open from 11 am to 4:30 pm everyday. It is an outdoor play space which provides lots of interactive pieces by artists and designers that focus on natural elements
- Don’t forget to check out the newest addition to the museum, named Bounce, a unique, interactive exhibit celebrating the world's most amazing ball.
- One of the kid’s favourites is Tough Art, an annual exhibition original, interactive artworks “tough” enough to withstand kid handling, including Space Sheep & Prism Palace.
- At the ‘Garage’, kids can build fantastic vehicles with roller blade wheels and blocks embedded with magnets, and test them on a 37-foot racecourse.
The Children’s Museum in Pittsburgh isn’t just one of the best places in the city to take your little boys and girls. In fact, don’t be surprised if you find yourself exploring your inner child once you’re inside this awe- inspiring museum.
Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh Travel Tips
- Wi-Fi services are offered in the Museum's Lobby, Cafe, and Studio. Just connect to the network called Green Light Wireless.
- You can have a good meal at the Museum’s very own Big Red Room Cafe, which is open every day from 1 am to 4 pm.
- The Museum Store offers a wide selection of educational and fun products for children, including water-soluble face painting crayons, puppets, maker kits, games, toys and Children's Museum shirts, hats and mugs.
- The Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is committed to providing exhibits, programs and public spaces that are inclusive and interactive for all visitors. Their museum staffs have been trained how to best help visitors with various needs.
Entrance Ticket Details For Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh
- Special discounts available during ‘Tot Time’, only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
How to Reach Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh
- Buses No: 28X, 29, 12, 15, 8, 16, 4, 6, 56, 53L go to Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.
- PNC Eco Bistro
- Allegheny Sandwich Shoppe
- Rivertowne Brewery
- Modern Restaurant
- Elk’s Lodge
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.6% of people who visit Pittsburgh include Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
61.29% of people start their Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh
53.57% of people prefer walking in order to reach Children's Museum Of Pittsburgh