Mount WashingtonCurrently Closed
- Address: Mt Washington Pittsburgh, PA, USA 15211, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Mount Washington is the name of one of the most famous neighbourhoods in the city of Pittsburgh. Its steep hill overlooking the Pittsburgh skyline was rated the second most beautiful vista in America by USA Weekend. Apart from the breath-taking view and its various inclines, it is also renowned for its ‘Restaurant Row’ which combines these stunning views with elegant, fine dining, ice cream, baked goodies and a whole lot more. It is also home to ‘Emerald View’, a densely wooded but highly urban city park.
Most people visit Mount Washington simply because of its infectious vibe, which many have described as awe inspiring and uplifting. You can start the day with a delicious and scrumptious breakfast, and then head on to one of the various inclines to enjoy some panoramic views of the city. Be sure to see them all! Needless to say, it is a great place for amateur and professional photographers alike- the prospects of a memorable snap are manifold, including the celebrated ‘Point of View’ statue. Don’t forget to sample some baked delights at the Grandview Bakery either.
- It is also known as the home of the Autumn House Press, one of the leading literary publishers of the United States.
- Just a few blocks from Grandview is Chatham Village, a unique residential garden community that's been named a National Historic Landmark thanks to its landscaping.
- Mount Washington is a dog walker’s paradise. If you’re a dog lover, you’re in for a treat.
Mount Washington is a unique tourist attraction, in the sense that it doesn’t explicitly offer anything to a visitor. Instead, it simply creates an atmosphere for celebration in Pittsburgh like no other, and you could spend an entire day just walking down the roads, visiting the city parks and dining on some great food, and not get bored for a single moment.
- If you really want to catch the Pittsburgh skyline at its very best, visit Mount Washington at night.
- Avoid taking walks on the inclines during the rainy season.
- Bus Nos. 71A, 71B, 71C, 71D, 61A, 61B, 61C, 61D all pass through Mount Washington.
- Monterey Bay Fish Grotto
- Shiloh Grill
- Bigham Tavern
- Packs & Dogs
- Redbeard’s Bar & Grill
- La Tavola Italiana
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.38% of people who visit Pittsburgh include Mount Washington in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
52.63% of people start their Mount Washington visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mount Washington
94.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Washington