PNC Park is famous baseball park located on the northern shore of Pittsburgh. It is the home of the local baseball team, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and is hence a place of great importance for the residents! Open since 2001, PNC Park is one of the most famous and well maintained baseball parks in the country, featuring a natural grass surface and seating almost a staggering 39,000 people. Here, you can enjoy a baseball game, while at the same time taking in the renowned American sports atmosphere, complete with food and drink and many other in game attractions.
Located on the banks of the majestic Allegheny River, the PNC Park is as famous for its baseball as it is for the scenic views of the Pittsburgh skyline and riverfront. The PNC Park is quite special, as it has been designed to give the fan the most intimate sports experience. With the highest seat being just 88 feet from the field, there essentially isn’t a bad spot in the entire stadium to view the game from. Speaking of the game, Americans are extremely passionate about baseball, and each game sees thousands of home and away fans come together to cheer their teams on and create an ethereal, electric sporting atmosphere.
- The beautiful facility at the PNC Park has 69 suites, with luxurious lounge and club seating to watch the game from.
- There is lots to do while the game is one as well, such as singing along to the karaoke tracks on the big screen, or enjoying the outfield barbeque run by former ‘Pirate’ Manny Sanguillen.
- During or after game, all ticket holders can enjoy a meal inside the Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club, situated inside the stadium itself.
- Regardless of whether you’re a sports lover or not, the PNC Park is a must visit when the Pittsburgh Pirates are playing a game of baseball there. Truly, there is no better way to feel one with the spirit of Pittsburgh and its people.
Pnc Park Travel Tips
- Do not buy from scalpers & touts until you’ve checked at the ticket kiosks right near the stadium; they have been known to tell tourist that games are sold out when good seats are still available at their regular price.
- For a drink or meal before or after the game, try Atria’s restaurant (built into the stadium, but accessible only from outside).
- During the game, try a sandwich from Primanti’s. The gigantic sandwich will come with coleslaw and French fries as well.
- Park downtown and take a scenic walk over the Roberto Clemente Bridge nearby, before or after the game.
- If you want to try a local beer during the game, keep your eyes open for the Yuengling vendor in the stands.
- PNC is one of the few ballparks in the country that lets you bring in outside food and water.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pnc Park
- Prices starting at $20.
- Different ticket prices for different seating sections.
- All You Can Eat seats available from $45 onwards.
Pnc Park Hours
- Closing hours depending on duration of the event.
How to Reach Pnc Park
- Bus No. 71D stops at 5th & Shady, Bus No. 500 stops at 5th & Highland. The 54C takes you to the north side.
- The Gateway Clipper Fleet provides shuttle service from the Station Square Dock to all Pittsburgh Pirates home games at PNC Park. Shuttle to the game begins approximately 2 hours before the scheduled game time. The return shuttle to Station Square Dock begins during the bottom of the 7th inning of each game and will continue for one half hour after the game ends.
- Atria’s Restaurant & Tavern
- Vincent’s Pizza
- Dominic’s Famous Deli
- BZ’s Bar & Grill
- Mullen’s Bar & Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.77% of people who visit Pittsburgh include Pnc Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.68% of people start their Pnc Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Pnc Park
93.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pnc Park
PNC Park Reviews & Ratings
We are Navy Veterans and are planning on Visiting your city in 2020, for a Reunion some of our people have handicap issues, how would you handle our needsAnswer Report Abuse
As far as I know, PNC Park provides complimentary wheelchairs for guests if needed and is easily accessible by wheelchairs. But I would strongly recommend calling them on 1 412-321-2827 for all the information depending on what you are looking for exactly.Report Abuse