Pnc ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 115 Federal St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, United States, 15212
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4123212827
- Fax: +12129495654
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Sport, Park, Stadium, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Sports And Recreation, Stadiums And Arenas
Pnc Park - Review
PNC Park is famous baseball park located on the northern shore of Pittsburgh. It is the home of the local baseball team, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and is hence a place of great importance for the residents! Open since 2001, PNC Park is one of the most famous and well maintained baseball parks in the country, featuring a natural grass surface and seating almost a staggering 39,000 people. Here, you can enjoy a baseball game, while at the same time taking in the renowned American sports atmosphere, complete with food and drink and many other in game attractions.
Located on the banks of the majestic Allegheny River, the PNC Park is as famous for its baseball as it is for the scenic views of the Pittsburgh skyline and riverfront. The PNC Park is quite special, as it has been designed to give the fan the most intimate sports experience. With the highest seat being just 88 feet from the field, there essentially isn’t a bad spot in the entire stadium to view the game from. Speaking of the game, Americans are extremely passionate about baseball, and each game sees thousands of home and away fans come together to cheer their teams on and create an ethereal, electric sporting atmosphere.
- The beautiful facility at the PNC Park has 69 suites, with luxurious lounge and club seating to watch the game from.
- There is lots to do while the game is one as well, such as singing along to the karaoke tracks on the big screen, or enjoying the outfield barbeque run by former ‘Pirate’ Manny Sanguillen.
- During or after game, all ticket holders can enjoy a meal inside the Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club, situated inside the stadium itself.
- Regardless of whether you’re a sports lover or not, the PNC Park is a must visit when the Pittsburgh Pirates are playing a game of baseball there. Truly, there is no better way to feel one with the spirit of Pittsburgh and its people.
Pnc Park Information
- Do not buy from scalpers & touts until you’ve checked at the ticket kiosks right near the stadium; they have been known to tell tourist that games are sold out when good seats are still available at their regular price.
- For a drink or meal before or after the game, try Atria’s restaurant (built into the stadium, but accessible only from outside).
- During the game, try a sandwich from Primanti’s. The gigantic sandwich will come with coleslaw and French fries as well.
- Park downtown and take a scenic walk over the Roberto Clemente Bridge nearby, before or after the game.
- If you want to try a local beer during the game, keep your eyes open for the Yuengling vendor in the stands.
- PNC is one of the few ballparks in the country that lets you bring in outside food and water.
Pnc Park Ticket Prices
- Prices starting at $20.
- Different ticket prices for different seating sections.
- All You Can Eat seats available from $45 onwards.
Pnc Park Hours
- Closing hours depending on duration of the event.
How To reach Pnc Park by Public Transport
- Bus No. 71D stops at 5th & Shady, Bus No. 500 stops at 5th & Highland. The 54C takes you to the north side.
- The Gateway Clipper Fleet provides shuttle service from the Station Square Dock to all Pittsburgh Pirates home games at PNC Park. Shuttle to the game begins approximately 2 hours before the scheduled game time. The return shuttle to Station Square Dock begins during the bottom of the 7th inning of each game and will continue for one half hour after the game ends.
Restaurants Near Pnc Park
- Atria’s Restaurant & Tavern
- Vincent’s Pizza
- Dominic’s Famous Deli
- BZ’s Bar & Grill
- Mullen’s Bar & Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pnc Park
95% of people who visit Pittsburgh include Pnc Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.68% of people start their Pnc Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Pnc Park
93.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pnc Park
Pnc Park Trips
PNC Park, Pittsburgh Reviews
Breathtaking beauty of a baseball park. Definitely a must see. Fun team to watch. Fan friendly. Awesome! Reasonably priced. Home team dugout is on the third base side. This side of the stadium has the best view of the city skyline and Roberto Clemente Bridge. Wow factor. I've been to the Park twice now. Get there early and enjoy some local tailgating. Has to be one of the best ballparks in America. You won't regret this visit.
I love this baseball field, it's not as big as the 3 Rivers Stadium but it's still much better. The only thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars is there is no designated area for smoking. I tried finding a spot far away from any people and I was still told to put my cigarette out. I finally found an area on a landing by the steps that was open to the outside, would have been a perfect spot to smoke but there was a no smoking sign on the railing. Other than that it is a very nice stadium.
Amazing staff! My boyfriend and I live in Columbus, Ohio and go to about 8-10 games in Pittsburgh a year since we are big Pirates fans! Every time we go the staff welcomes us with open arms and always greets us with a smile! There was a game recently that we attended where it was about 92 degrees with the humidity and needless to say I didn't feel good. I had to sit in the shade for almost an hour and chug water in order to feel better and I had 3 different staff members stop and ask me how they could help and if I was okay. They certainly didn't have to stop and show interest in me but they did and one of them was at least three times my age and worried about me in the heat, I was amazed! The food options are good! They did have a healthier stand that has since been removed but if they brought that back it would be perfect!
A baseball stadium is a baseball stadium. However the view into the rivers and the bridge is beautiful. We had great weather and great seats. The ushers and staff are very very friendly and helpful. We were also lucky to have fireworks that evening. The only drawback we went to the Quaker State lube for chicken wings and we waited almost a half an hour to get served our wings which is too too long
Beautiful baseball park. Go early and walk around the river front. There is not a bad seat in the house. And I recommend the club level seating. Nice concessions and climate control available when you want to take a break. Go to a night game with fireworks for a special treat!