Pnc Park, Pittsburgh
About Pnc Park, Pittsburgh
Pnc Park, Pittsburgh - Address, Phone Number
Address: 115 Federal St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, United States
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 11.4K times in trip plans
Sport, Park, Stadium, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
PNC Park is famous baseball park located on the northern shore of Pittsburgh. It is the home of the local baseball team, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and is hence a place of great importance for the residents! Open since 2001, PNC Park is one of the most famous and well maintained baseball parks in the country, featuring a natural grass surface and seating almost a staggering 39,000 people. Here, you can enjoy a baseball game, while at the same time taking in the renowned American sports atmosphere, complete with food and drink and many other in game attractions.
Located on the banks of the majestic Allegheny River, the PNC Park is as famous for its baseball as it is for the scenic views of the Pittsburgh skyline and riverfront. The PNC Park is quite special, as it has been designed to give the fan the most intimate sports experience. With the highest seat being just 88 feet from the field, there essentially isn’t a bad spot in the entire stadium to view the game from. Speaking of the game, Americans are extremely passionate about baseball, and each game sees thousands of home and away fans come together to cheer their teams on and create an ethereal, electric sporting atmosphere.
- The beautiful facility at the PNC Park has 69 suites, with luxurious lounge and club seating to watch the game from.
- There is lots to do while the game is one as well, such as singing along to the karaoke tracks on the big screen, or enjoying the outfield barbeque run by former ‘Pirate’ Manny Sanguillen.
- During or after game, all ticket holders can enjoy a meal inside the Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club, situated inside the stadium itself.
- Regardless of whether you’re a sports lover or not, the PNC Park is a must visit when the Pittsburgh Pirates are playing a game of baseball there. Truly, there is no better way to feel one with the spirit of Pittsburgh and its people.
Pnc Park Information
- Do not buy from scalpers & touts until you’ve checked at the ticket kiosks right near the stadium; they have been known to tell tourist that games are sold out when good seats are still available at their regular price.
- For a drink or meal before or after the game, try Atria’s restaurant (built into the stadium, but accessible only from outside).
- During the game, try a sandwich from Primanti’s. The gigantic sandwich will come with coleslaw and French fries as well.
- Park downtown and take a scenic walk over the Roberto Clemente Bridge nearby, before or after the game.
- If you want to try a local beer during the game, keep your eyes open for the Yuengling vendor in the stands.
- PNC is one of the few ballparks in the country that lets you bring in outside food and water.
Pnc Park Ticket Prices
- Prices starting at $20.
- Different ticket prices for different seating sections.
- All You Can Eat seats available from $45 onwards.
Pnc Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Closing hours depending on duration of the event.
How To reach Pnc Park by Public Transport
- Bus No. 71D stops at 5th & Shady, Bus No. 500 stops at 5th & Highland. The 54C takes you to the north side.
- The Gateway Clipper Fleet provides shuttle service from the Station Square Dock to all Pittsburgh Pirates home games at PNC Park. Shuttle to the game begins approximately 2 hours before the scheduled game time. The return shuttle to Station Square Dock begins during the bottom of the 7th inning of each game and will continue for one half hour after the game ends.
Restaurants Near Pnc Park
- Atria’s Restaurant & Tavern
- Vincent’s Pizza
- Dominic’s Famous Deli
- BZ’s Bar & Grill
- Mullen’s Bar & Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pnc Park, Pittsburgh Reviews - Write a Review
PNC Park is the prettiest stadium. It sits along Pittsburgh's three rivers and I believe most seats in the house have views of the beautiful city skyline. Parking is easy to find, so that's not a stressor if you aren't used to gong into the city (but the parking definitely costs money). I'd say this is a bucket list stadium.
Awesome place to see a ball game! Great looking stadium, nice layout! Clean organized! Clemente bridge and other adjacent bridges add to experience especially at night! We sat in 136 row a awesome seats despite being bleachers. Good food and pierogie race to boot.
Beautiful ballpark to catch a game at. You can walk around the back side of the stadium and it borders the river. Beautiful views and the city is the backdrop while you are watching the game. If you are there for a Steelers game in September like we were, I recommend catching a Pirates game as well.
This is the most beautiful ballpark in Major League Baseball. Views of downtown Pittsburgh from the infield, this is a model of what downtown, open air stadiums should be. We had our family here for a ballgame with group tickets- and the ushers were so nice and professional, cleaning off the seats with a towel before you sat (of course, don't forget to tip the usher for this service... "The protocol" as season ticket holders call it). Despite a not so great team in 2017, I still love watching Cutch play baseball and look forward to visiting again.
BEST BASEBALL FIELD ON THE PLANET! How about if we ONLY had a Baseball team to match it's level of awesomeness! GREATEST PLACE FOR FIREWORKS!
- Nearby Attractions
- St. Athanasius: Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- St. Peter Parish
- Beulah Presbyterian Church
- Mt Lebanon United Lutheran Church
- St. Bernard Church
- Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox
- Beverly Heights Presbyterian Church
- Trinity United Church Of Christ
- Pittsburgh Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Pittsburgh
- What to See in 48 Hours in Pittsburgh
- What to See in 72 Hours in Pittsburgh
- How to Spend 5 Days in Pittsburgh
- How to Spend 6 Days in Pittsburgh
- How to Spend 7 Days in Pittsburgh