Saint Anthony’s Chapel is a Catholic Chapel in Pittsburgh. It is best known for housing 4,000 to 5,000 splendid religious relics, which makes it the largest collection of relics outside the Vatican itself. The Chapel also includes the Father Mollinger Museum and a Gift Shop, where you can purchase attractive souvenirs.
Some of the most notable relics in the chapel's collection are the complete skeletal remains oSt. Demetrius, the remains Saint Macharius and a saint named Stephana, and the tooth of the chapel's patron, Saint Anthony of Padua. The chapel has been featured on many television shows such as 20/20, EWTN, public broadcasting, local news and hundreds of national publications.
- The Father Mollinger Museum is often the most overlooked part of the Chapel. This quaint museum house's many personal artefacts pertaining to his life as a doctor of medicine, a pharmacist, and a priest.
- The chapel also houses a life-sized set of statues that depict the Way of the Cross, which were imported from Munich and made by the Royal Ecclesiastical Art Establishment of Mayer and Company.
The chapel is a great place to visit, pray or just relax in general. The sprawling interiors are beautifully decorated, and provide a perfect atmosphere for some self-reflection.
- Audio tours are available on days without tour guides.
- The chapel campus has parking for 50 cars and the lot is directly across from the main entrance of the chapel.
- Photography or videography is not permitted inside the chapel.
- Tours are offered at 1 PM, 2 PM & 3 PM.
- The gift shop is open only on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.
- You can take buses 71A, 71B, 71C, 71D, 1,2, 61A, 61B, 61C, or 61 D from most bus stops around Pittsburgh to get to St. Anthony’s Chapel.
- Billy’s Troy Hill Bistro
- Redfin Blues
- Mt. Troy Inn
- Riviera Pizza & Pasta
- Smallman Street Deli
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.56% of people who visit Pittsburgh include St. Anthony's Chapel in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
76.47% of people start their St. Anthony's Chapel visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see St. Anthony's Chapel
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Anthony's Chapel
Amazing chapel with over 5000 relics in beautiful handmade reliqueries. Almost every significant Gospel event and Saints are represented, like being surrounded in Heaven. The life-size stations of the cross statues are handmade wood over 100 years old. Amazing that a place like this is in the US and not Europe!
Another amazing and unique jewel open to all in Pittsburgh, PA. Very warm and welcoming place to pray and to contemplate the legacy the many men and womem of the Catholic faith have left for us.
Wonderful Holy place, I plan on returning and spending more time there. They have relics from all of the Apostles, Mary, a piece of the true cross, St Joseph...
Peaceful and Wonderful Place. Many Holy Relics here. You can come to pray or to review the remarkable collection of relics housed here.
Truly unique. Well worth visiting. A very Holy Place