The Strip, Pittsburgh
The Strip, Pittsburgh - Address, Phone Number
Address: 120 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, United States
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
Added 9.2K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About The Strip, Pittsburgh
The Strip is a scenic neighbourhood located on one half square mile of land in a flood plain in Pittsburgh. The Strip is home to places of historic interest like the Senator John Heinz Regional History Centre and the Pennsylvania Railroad Fruit Auction Building. Originally a locality filled with warehouses to store produce and wholesale products, the abandoned warehouses have today been transformed into small specialty shops, restaurants, nightclubs and bars as well, making it a very lively neighbourhood to be in.
Over time, The Strip has transformed into a historic market district, complete with ethnic food places, art studios, antique dealers, unique boutiques and many other business which set up shop where trains once delivered produce by the ton. During the weekends, and especially in the summer months, the entire neighbourhood comes alive, with open air farmer’s markets in full swing, and party goers revelling outside or enjoying a drink.
- Don’t forget to visit the St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, a magnificent monument which has been standing strong since 1891.
- There are a lot of diverse cuisines to choose from, including Italian, Mexican, Asian, Greek and a lot more.
- The activities in The Strip are as varied as the food there! You can do everything from sitting on Roland’s Balcony and drink a famous ‘Iron City’, to learning Irish dancing at Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle.
The Strip isn’t one of the biggest neighbourhoods in Pittsburgh, but the sheer number of different things you get to do in it makes it one of the most interesting. Make enough time to explore The Strip and you’ll be unable to tear yourself away!
The Strip Information
- Watch out for the open air weekend markets, where you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the throwaway prices! There are very few other places in Pittsburgh where you can get a bargain better than in The Strip.
- The meat stores in The Strip are a great place to purchase some hard to find meats.
- There are a number of novelty cheese shops as well. However, do go there before 4:30 PM, as they tend to close early.
The Strip Ticket Prices
- Set aside around $10 for parking, which should last you through the day.
How To reach The Strip by Public Transport
- Bus No. 71A and 87 go straight to The Strip. You can catch connecting buses as well, by taking Bus No. 75, followed by P1 or 88.
Restaurants Near The Strip
- Smallman Street Deli
- Salem’s Market
- Mariani’s Gourmet Foods
- Hanlon’s Dinner
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.