University Of Pittsburgh154 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 4200 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, United States
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4126244141
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Educational Site, Historical Site, Concert, Family And Kids, University
The beautiful campus of the University of Pittsburgh is located across an enormous 132 acres in the historic Oakland neighbourhood. Apart from being one of USA’s premier educational institutions, it is also home to a number of historic buildings, which make it a popular tourist spot in Pittsburgh. The campus contains a highly eclectic mix of Greek, Neogothic, Italian and modern architecture, representing the present and past of Pittsburgh in equal splendour.
Amongst the renowned buildings in the campus, the most famous are the Cathedral of Learning, the tallest educational building in the Western Hemisphere, as well as the wonderful Nationality Rooms. You can also visit the Frick Fine Arts building, which is situated within the campus grounds. The campus is also a short distance from many other attractions, like the Schenley Plaza, the main branch of the Carnegie Public Library, the Carnegie Museums of Natural History & Art as well as the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
- Pitt's varsity athletic teams, collectively known as the Pittsburgh Panthers, compete in the highest division of college sports in USA. You can purchase tickets to their athletic events on the website.
- Three of their alumni have been awarded the Nobel Prize- Philip Hench in 1950, Paul Lauterbur in 2003 and the famous Wangari Maathai in 2004.
The University of Pittsburgh is one of the most revered locations in the city due to the rich history behind the buildings situated on the campus. It provides for a great day of relaxation and enlightenment for everyone.
University Of Pittsburgh Travel Tips
- Don’t forget to spend some time by the Mary Schenley Memorial Fountain, which is situated next to the Frick Fine Arts Building.
- You can go for a guided tour of the campus, which includes visits to the Cathedral of Learning and the Nationality Rooms, by booking your slot via phone or email.
- The University of Pittsburgh is situated next to many other famous buildings and Pittsburgh attractions. You can make a trip out of it by visiting all of them together.
Entrance Ticket Details For University Of Pittsburgh
- Entry is free.
University Of Pittsburgh Hours
- Scheduled tours available on call.
How to Reach University Of Pittsburgh
- Bus Nos: 71A, 71B, 71C, 71D, 69, 69, 61A, 61B, 61C, 61D from the Art Institute or 2,4, 11, 15, 81 from North Avenue towards the University of Pittsburgh.
- The Porch at Schenley
- Brioche Doree
- Bridges Pittsburgh
- Conflict Kitchen
- Holiday Inn
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pittsburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pittsburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.92% of people who visit Pittsburgh include University Of Pittsburgh in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
46.88% of people start their University Of Pittsburgh visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see University Of Pittsburgh
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting University Of Pittsburgh
University Of Pittsburgh Reviews & Ratings
Magnificent organization. Pitt’s Center for Research on Media, Technology and Health has helped analyze the disinformation campaign efforts of anti - vaxxers. If you've seen polio or cancer, you understand.
love it here in highschool :)
Great place to work.
Campus with great vibe
.....A filthy "school" that tortures innocent animals.