Cenote Misterio Maya
- Address: Carretera Federal Tulum | Km 244 A 5 Kilometros Del Cenote Dos Ojos, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Phone: +52-9841133706
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Family And Kids
Part of the underground river and cave system in playa del Carmen, the Cenote Misterio Maya almost resembles a pool! The oval water pond has a stunning display of natural stalactites that look like elaborate chandeliers suspended from the ceiling. A dip in the water is perfect to cool off from the hot Mexican sun. There are pathways that are made around with a staircase that disappears into the water, minimal artificial lighting apart from the natural light that enters the cave from the overhead sink hole and a tranquil atmosphere that makes a dip here, relaxing and rejuvenating! The sinkhole itself is gorgeous and the roots of trees form above the ground forms a beautiful canopy over its edge. The entire cave is pretty scenic and if you want to take some great pictures, a day time visit here will be well worth your time.
Cenote Misterio Maya Travel Tips
- Carry your own bathing suit and other necessary items.
- Carry bottled drinking water.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cenote Misterio Maya
- For admission and other prices, call up the place.
- Tour prices: $35 for guided tour of the underground Misterio Maya Cenote
Cenote Misterio Maya Hours
- For general hours and timings of tours, call up the place.
How to Reach Cenote Misterio Maya
- By Taxi
- By renting a car/bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Playa Del Carmen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Playa Del Carmen and book an accommodation of your choice.