Rio Secreto31 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Carretera Federal Km 283.5 Ejido Sur, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +52-9841476050
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Family And Kids
The Rio Secreto is part of the underground cave system in Play del Carmen, located beneath the lush Mayan forests. The tour takes you around 2000 feet of the caves covered in stalactites and stalagmites. Your visit will be split with exploration on foot and also swimming to reach the hidden places in the cave. In a way, the Rio Secreto forms its own ecosystem with ethnic flora and faun that relies on the water that is fed from the underground river. The views around the cave are surreal to say the least with the rocky geological formations juxtapose beautifully against the pristine blue waters. The tour itself is pretty convenient with the organisers providing all the gear, the wetsuits, the food and the safety equipment. The best part? They even include children in their tours making this a fantastic place to explore the depths of the Playa del Carmen with your family.
Rio Secreto Travel Tips
- Active wear is recommended.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rio Secreto
Río Secreto Tour prices
- Basic price (Transportation not included) : Adults: $79.00 USD / Children: $39.50 USD (4 to 12 years old).
- Round trip from Riviera Maya: Adults: $109.00 USD / Children: $54.50 USD (4 to 12 years old).
- Round trip from Cancún: Adults: $109.00 USD / Children: $54.50 USD (4 to 12 years old).
Río Secreto Plus Tour prices
- Transportation not included: Adults: $99.00 USD / Children: $49.50 USD (7 to 12 years old).
- Round trip from Riviera Maya: Adults: $129.00 USD / Children: $64.50 USD (7 to 12 years old).
- Round trip from Cancún: Adults: $129.00 USD / Children: $64.50 USD (7 to 12 years old)
- Privilege tour: $389.00 USD (1 person) / $289.00 USD (2-4 people)
Rio Secreto Hours
Río Secreto Tour timings
- Transportation not included: Monday - Sunday. 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm
- Round trip from Riviera Maya: Monday - Sunday. 9:00 am, 1:00 pm
- Round trip from Cancún: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. 9:00 am
Río Secreto Plus Tour timings:
- Transportation not included: Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am
- Round trip from Riviera Maya: Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am
- Round trip from Cancún: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am
For prices of other tours, visit official website
How to Reach Rio Secreto
- By Taxi
- By renting a car/bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Playa Del Carmen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Playa Del Carmen and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.91% of people who visit Playa Del Carmen include Rio Secreto in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
72.22% of people start their Rio Secreto visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Rio Secreto
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rio Secreto
Rio Secreto Reviews & Ratings
Hello, Is this Rio Secreto Cave tour suitable for non swimmers? We, a family of four planning to visit end of May. Thanks,Answer Report Abuse