Alyosha Soviet Army Memorial, Plovdiv
About Alyosha Soviet Army Memorial, Plovdiv
Alyosha Soviet Army Memorial, Plovdiv - Address, Phone Number
Address: Bunardzhika Park, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.1K times in trip plans
Landmark, Memorial, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Alyosha Soviet Army Memorial was erected by the initiative of residents of the city of Plovdiv, in the year 1954-57. The memorial pays tribute to the Soviet casualties during the liberation of Bulgaria from the Government and their Nazi allies. An 11-meter tall concrete statue of a Soviet soldier is installed here, which tops a 6-meter granite pedestal. This Alyosha was about to be demolished 3 times, but the Bulgarians defended the monument forming a human shield. The site has a cosmic vibe to it and offers a spectacular view of the Plovdiv city. Highlights and must sees include:
- Statue of the Russian soldier.
- Mesmerizing View from the top.
Alyosha Soviet Army Memorial Information
- It is a long walk up to the memorial, people having walking problems should avoid visiting.
How To reach Alyosha Soviet Army Memorial by Public Transport
- Walk to the top of the hill.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Plovdiv before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plovdiv and book an accommodation of your choice.
Alyosha Soviet Army Memorial, Plovdiv Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Maritza River Bridge Shopping Center
- Monkey House
- Plovdiv International Airport
- Maritsa Hotel
- Sveta Marina Church
- Surp Kevork
- "st. St. Konstantin And Elena" Church
- Imaret Mosque
- Plovdiv Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Plovdiv
- What to See in 48 Hours in Plovdiv
- What to See in 72 Hours in Plovdiv
- How to Spend 5 Days in Plovdiv
- How to Spend 6 Days in Plovdiv
- How to Spend 7 Days in Plovdiv