- Address: Asenovgrad, Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +359-033162250
- Ticket Price: 4 BGN
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
Asen’s Fortress, also known as Assenovakrepost to the locals, is a medieval fortress in the Bulgarian Rhodope Mountains. The fortress is located at an altitude of 279 meters on a high rocky ridge on the left bank of the Asenitsa River. It went through a major renovation in the 13th century, to serve as a border fortification against the Latin raids. The site offers a brilliant view of the city from top. Highlights and must sees include:
- Church of the holy mother of God.
Assenovakrepost Travel Tips
- Wear sturdy shoes.
- Carry water bottle.
- Be careful during rainy days when the stones at the hill are wet.
Entrance Ticket Details For Assenovakrepost
- Ticket for Children: Lev 2
How to Reach Assenovakrepost
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Take a passengers train from the railway station near Bus station ‘South’.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Plovdiv before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plovdiv and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Assenovakrepost Address: Asenovgrad, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- Assenovakrepost Contact Number: +359-033162250
- Assenovakrepost Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Assenovakrepost Price: 4 BGN
- Best time to visit Assenovakrepost(preferred time): 08:30 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Assenovakrepost: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
49.01% of people who visit Plovdiv include Assenovakrepost in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
65.22% of people start their Assenovakrepost visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Assenovakrepost
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Assenovakrepost
People normally club together Bachkovo Monastery and Art News Cafe while planning their visit to Assenovakrepost.