- Address: Asenovgrad, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +359-033162250
- Ticket Price: 4 BGN
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
Assenovakrepost - Review
Asen’s Fortress, also known as Assenovakrepost to the locals, is a medieval fortress in the Bulgarian Rhodope Mountains. The fortress is located at an altitude of 279 meters on a high rocky ridge on the left bank of the Asenitsa River. It went through a major renovation in the 13th century, to serve as a border fortification against the Latin raids. The site offers a brilliant view of the city from top. Highlights and must sees include:
- Church of the holy mother of God.
- Wear sturdy shoes.
- Carry water bottle.
- Be careful during rainy days when the stones at the hill are wet.
Assenovakrepost Ticket Prices
- Ticket for Children: Lev 2
How To reach Assenovakrepost by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Take a passengers train from the railway station near Bus station ‘South’.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Plovdiv before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plovdiv and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Assenovakrepost
87.57% of people who visit Plovdiv include Assenovakrepost in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
65.22% of people start their Assenovakrepost visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Assenovakrepost
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Assenovakrepost