About Assenovakrepost, Plovdiv
Assenovakrepost, Plovdiv - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Asenovgrad, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
Ticket Price: 4 BGN
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Asen’s Fortress, also known as Assenovakrepost to the locals, is a medieval fortress in the Bulgarian Rhodope Mountains. The fortress is located at an altitude of 279 meters on a high rocky ridge on the left bank of the Asenitsa River. It went through a major renovation in the 13th century, to serve as a border fortification against the Latin raids. The site offers a brilliant view of the city from top. Highlights and must sees include:
- Church of the holy mother of God.
- Wear sturdy shoes.
- Carry water bottle.
- Be careful during rainy days when the stones at the hill are wet.
Assenovakrepost Ticket Prices
- Ticket for Children: Lev 2
How To reach Assenovakrepost by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Take a passengers train from the railway station near Bus station ‘South’.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Plovdiv before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plovdiv and book an accommodation of your choice.
Assenovakrepost, Plovdiv Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- "st. St. Konstantin And Elena" Church
- Imaret Mosque
- Dzhumaya Mosque
- Djumaya Park
- Danov Halm
- Dzhambaz Tepe
- Garden Of Tsar Simeon
- Park Lauta
- Cave Snejanka
- Assenova Krepost
- Plovdiv Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Plovdiv
- What to See in 48 Hours in Plovdiv
- What to See in 72 Hours in Plovdiv
- How to Spend 5 Days in Plovdiv
- How to Spend 6 Days in Plovdiv
- How to Spend 7 Days in Plovdiv