How to Reach Plovdiv, Bulgaria
The Easiest Way to Reach Plovdiv
HOW TO GET TO PLOVDIV
- By Air: Plovdiv international airport is located about 5 kilometers away from the city in the village of Krumovo and has chartered flights and direct services towards Frankfurt-Hahn, London, Milan, Moscow and Rostov-on-Don. Taxis are the best way to get to the airport even though there is an availability of a public bus.
- By Train: Many trains depart from Plovdiv to national and international destinations. Frequent services are available towards Sofia and Istanbul.
- By Car: You can reach Plovdiv from various Bulgarian cities via international route A1. The road goes to Sofia on the west and Stara Zagora on the east.
- By Bus: There are three long distance buses in Plovdiv serving various places both in Bulgaria and Turkey.
HOW TO GET AROUND PLOVDIV
- By Foot: The old town is fairly compact and is in the pedestrian zone. Most of the ancient sightseeing places are also in proximity.
- By Bus: Plovdiv has a comprehensive bus service that can take you to several important areas in the city.
- By Car: You can explore the city and other places to see around by car. But be careful while driving, because Plovdiv has a high rate of accidents.
- By Taxi: Taxis are the best way to get around the city. However, be alert while hiring one, as the drivers may trick you into paying more.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Plovdiv and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Plovdiv
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Plovdiv. The most preferred mode of transport in Plovdiv is Car.
Average distance: 5 km Average time: 22.75 min
Car 45.45%Driving 13.4 min Walking 2.3 min Overall average time for 6 kms 15.7 min
Bus/Trolleybus 18.18%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 8 min Walking 4.5 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 31 min
Walking 18.18%Walking 37.5 min Bike 6 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 43.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Plovdiv
- How to reach Koprivshtitsa
- How to reach Glavatartsi
- How to reach Dzhebel
- How to reach Sofia
- How to reach Burgas
- How to reach Sozopol
- How to reach Sunny Beach
- How to reach Nessebar
- How to reach Chetroka
- How to Reach Top Cities in Bulgaria
- How to reach Varna
- How to reach Balchik
- How to reach Hisarya
- How to reach Svishtov
- How to reach Troyan
- How to reach Klisura
- How to reach Lukovit
- How to reach Altimir
- How to reach Orizovo
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Boyden
- How to reach Bitetto
- How to reach Utterson