How to Reach Plovdiv - The Easiest Way to Reach Plovdiv
HOW TO GET TO PLOVDIV
- By Air: Plovdiv international airport is located about 5 kilometers away from the city in the village of Krumovo and has chartered flights and direct services towards Frankfurt-Hahn, London, Milan, Moscow and Rostov-on-Don. Taxis are the best way to get to the airport even though there is an availability of a public bus.
- By Train: Many trains depart from Plovdiv to national and international destinations. Frequent services are available towards Sofia and Istanbul.
- By Car: You can reach Plovdiv from various Bulgarian cities via international route A1. The road goes to Sofia on the west and Stara Zagora on the east.
- By Bus: There are three long distance buses in Plovdiv serving various places both in Bulgaria and Turkey.
HOW TO GET AROUND PLOVDIV
- By Foot: The old town is fairly compact and is in the pedestrian zone. Most of the ancient sightseeing places are also in proximity.
- By Bus: Plovdiv has a comprehensive bus service that can take you to several important areas in the city.
- By Car: You can explore the city and other places to see around by car. But be careful while driving, because Plovdiv has a high rate of accidents.
- By Taxi: Taxis are the best way to get around the city. However, be alert while hiring one, as the drivers may trick you into paying more.
Are you looking for a Plovdiv travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Plovdiv
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Plovdiv. The most preferred mode of transport in Plovdiv is Car.
Average distance: 5.23 km Average time: 23.59 min
Car 41.67%Driving 13.4 min Walking 2.3 min Overall average time for 6 kms 15.7 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.67%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 8 min Walking 4.5 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 31 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 37.5 min Bike 6 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 43.5 min
Bike 8.33%Bike 25 min Walking 5 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 32 min
How to Reach Plovdiv from Nearby Cities
|Skutare to Plovdiv||11.68 km||11 mins|
|Haskovo to Plovdiv||92.28 km||1 hour 32 mins|
|Svilengrad to Plovdiv||165.85 km||2 hours 45 mins|
|Sofia to Plovdiv||168.16 km||2 hours 48 mins|
|Edirne to Plovdiv||206.58 km||3 hours 26 mins|
|Montana to Plovdiv||212.66 km||3 hours 32 mins|
|Thessaloniki to Plovdiv||254.67 km||4 hours 14 mins|
|Bucharest to Plovdiv||275.02 km||4 hours 35 mins|
|Ankara to Plovdiv||926.58 km||15 hours 26 mins|
|Zagreb to Plovdiv||1045.91 km||17 hours 25 mins|