Are you looking for what to do in Plovdiv?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
- Ancient theatre: A 2nd century amphitheatre built during the Roman era and a must-visit place on your Plovdiv itineraries.
- Ancient Stadium: A second century monument built under the rule of Emperor Hadrian.
- Historical Museum of Plovdiv: A museum holding historical and cultural exhibits of Bulgaria from the 16th to 20th centuries.
- The Museum of Natural Science: A museum with huge collection related to Palaeontology, Mineralogy and Biology.
- Cathedral of St Louis: A Roman Catholic Church built in 1850s, named after Louis IX of France.
- Zion Plovdiv Synagogue: An Ottoman Style Synagogue belonging to the 19th century.
Plovdiv have two tourist informationcentres, one in the city centre and another in the old town. These centres provide maps, brochures, bus and train schedules, and other relevant details.
- Free City Tour: There is a free tour of the city every Wednesday, held in both English and Bulgarian languages by experienced tour guides. You have to register in prior if you want to avail the service. More information about it is on the Plovdiv tourism website.
- Free Plovdiv tour: Walking tour of the city organized every day. Just show up at the venue and join the fun. Address: City Hall, Stefan Stambolov Square, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- Plovdiv Day Tours: Private walking tours of Plovdiv with professional travel guides. Address: Plovdiv Mihalaki Georgiev 4004, Plovdiv 4004, Bulgaria.
- Plovdiv Trips: Visit to the major attractions in Plovdiv and surrounding areas. Address: 13, Ilarion Makariopolski Street, Plovdiv 4000, Bulgaria.
Below we have a list of things to do in Plovdiv and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Plovdiv getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Plovdiv with confidence.