Buckland AbbeyCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Yelverton, Devon PL20 6EY, United Kingdom, Plymouth
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1822853607
- Ticket Price: 11 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Nature
Buckland Abbey - Review
Built by the Cistercians, Buckland Abbey dates back to 700 years ago. A museum and a part house, Buckland Abbey is filled with treasures like legendary Drake’s Drum. The great Barn surrounding the Abbey is also a must-visit, since most of it has been preserved just the way it was, for centuries!
Beautiful meadows, orchards, woodlands and great views of Tavy valley- a trip to Buckland Abbey is like a treat to the eyes.
- Cider house and secret wild garden
- The chapel
- The Kitchen
- The Drake Chamber
- Drake’s Drum
- The Dining Room
Buckland Abbey Information
- Buggy service available to get around the estate.
- Wheelchairs available.
- Restaurant is available serving meals from 12.00 pm to 2.30 pm.
Buckland Abbey Ticket Prices
- The given ticket price is for house and grounds.
- Child House and Grounds: EUR 5.50
- Adult Grounds: EUR 5.50
- Child Grounds: EUR 2.75
- Family (2 adults) House and Grounds: EUR 27.50
- Family (2 adults) Grounds: EUR 13.75
How To reach Buckland Abbey by Public Transport
- Bus no. 55
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Plymouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plymouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Buckland Abbey
38.55% of people who visit Plymouth include Buckland Abbey in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
80.95% of people start their Buckland Abbey visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Buckland Abbey
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Buckland Abbey