Crownhill FortCurrently Open
- Address: Crownhill Fort Road, Plymouth PL6 5BX, United Kingdom
- Phone: +44-1752793754
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
The best kept monument of the Lord Palmerston’s Ring of fire surrounding the city of Plymouth in Victorian times, protecting the Royal Dockyard at Devonport from the French attack. Retained by the army for over a century, the fort did not go under any major refurbishments and is pretty much the same as it was since the time it was built. The weaponry is maintained and can be obtained on the visit.
Today, it serves as a major venue for corporate parties, weddings, events and other facilities.
Crownhill Fort Travel Tips
- Visit on appointment only.
- Guided tours are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Crownhill Fort
- For Children: 2.5 EUR
- Family ticket: 12 EUR
Crownhill Fort Hours
- Open only on Friday and selected weekends.
- Check official website for detailed schedule.
How to Reach Crownhill Fort
- Bus no 14, 15, 27, 28, 34, 42, 46, 51, 81, 83, 86.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Plymouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plymouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.26% of people who visit Plymouth include Crownhill Fort in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
65% of people start their Crownhill Fort visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Crownhill Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Crownhill Fort