Mount Edgcumbe HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Cremyll, Torpoint, Cornwall PL10 1HZ, United Kingdom, Plymouth
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1752822236
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
The former home of the Earls of Mount Edgecumbe, it is situated in the Grade I Cornish garden within the 865 acres of country park in South East Cornwall.
Mount Edgcumbe House is the former home of the Earls of Mount Edgcumbe. Dating back to the 1500s, the home was restored after WW II and is one of the most popular historic destinations in the area. The heritage home and the garden is the perfect venue for family outing, picnics and even civil weddings.
- Pre-book for group visits.
- Contents guides are available in English, German, French and Finnish.
- Concessions: £5.50
- Earl's Garden only: £2.50
- Children: £3.75 (5 to 15 years), under 5 years free
- Family: £12.50 (1 adult and up to 3 children)
- Family: £16 (2 adults and 2 to 3 children)
- Free entry for: Wider Park, National Camellia collection, formal gardens
- Group visits: Normal hours 11am to 4.30pm: Adults £6.50, Concession £5, Children £3.50, Early opening 10.30am: Adults £7, Children £3.75, Special openings: Adults £7.50, Children £4
- Guided tour: 1.50 EUR extra charges
- Last admission 04.00 pm.
- Group bookings can be arranged in March and October.
- Wider Park area: 08.00 am to dusk.
- Bus no 32, 32C, Cremyll Ferry.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Plymouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plymouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.75% of people who visit Plymouth include Mount Edgcumbe House in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
92.31% of people start their Mount Edgcumbe House visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mount Edgcumbe House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Edgcumbe House
Fantastic place to spend the day, Winter or Summer. Beautiful inside the house, and the Grounds are stunning and spacious. There is a lovely Classic car show, usually in August.. It's Fabulous.
It's free to park at the church but only go there if you enjoy a walk. Lovely open space for kids and dog walkers. Nice pub for a carvery by the water. The stables cafe cooks a great cornish breakfast.
Guest House very clean. Very close to sea front. Bed very comfy. Everything is in your room that you need. Very quiet. Breakfast amazing. Cold buffet to start if you want then a cooked breakfast after if you want it. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Beautiful place to visit. Very dog friendly too and my children loved it. The scenery and views are breathtaking. There is a lovely little cafe that allows dogs both inside and out. Wonderful family friendly place to visit for the day.
The guides make this place great, especially the guy who wears the stripped blaser really knows his stuff and a top bloke. Keep up the good work.