Mount Edgcumbe HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Cremyll, Torpoint, Cornwall PL10 1HZ, United Kingdom, Plymouth
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1752822236
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Mount Edgcumbe House - Review
The former home of the Earls of Mount Edgecumbe, it is situated in the Grade I Cornish garden within the 865 acres of country park in South East Cornwall.
Mount Edgcumbe House is the former home of the Earls of Mount Edgcumbe. Dating back to the 1500s, the home was restored after WW II and is one of the most popular historic destinations in the area. The heritage home and the garden is the perfect venue for family outing, picnics and even civil weddings.
Mount Edgcumbe House Information
- Pre-book for group visits.
- Contents guides are available in English, German, French and Finnish.
Mount Edgcumbe House Ticket Prices
- Concessions: £5.50
- Earl's Garden only: £2.50
- Children: £3.75 (5 to 15 years), under 5 years free
- Family: £12.50 (1 adult and up to 3 children)
- Family: £16 (2 adults and 2 to 3 children)
- Free entry for: Wider Park, National Camellia collection, formal gardens
- Group visits: Normal hours 11am to 4.30pm: Adults £6.50, Concession £5, Children £3.50, Early opening 10.30am: Adults £7, Children £3.75, Special openings: Adults £7.50, Children £4
- Guided tour: 1.50 EUR extra charges
Mount Edgcumbe House Hours
- Last admission 04.00 pm.
- Group bookings can be arranged in March and October.
- Wider Park area: 08.00 am to dusk.
How To reach Mount Edgcumbe House by Public Transport
- Bus no 32, 32C, Cremyll Ferry.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Plymouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plymouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mount Edgcumbe House
8.78% of people who visit Plymouth include Mount Edgcumbe House in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
92.31% of people start their Mount Edgcumbe House visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mount Edgcumbe House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Edgcumbe House
Mount Edgcumbe House Trips
Mount Edgcumbe House, Plymouth Reviews
Guest House very clean. Very close to sea front. Bed very comfy. Everything is in your room that you need. Very quiet. Breakfast amazing. Cold buffet to start if you want then a cooked breakfast after if you want it. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Why's the hill so damn steep? What an inconvenience for the elderly. Plus the the drive to get to the top is a detour all the way across the river via bridge or ferry. Would not recommend for those of an elderly demographic, unless your child can be bothered to take you on a 30 min drive just to see a couple of flowers. However, the pet graveyard was quite the experience, would recommend.
Beautiful place to visit. Very dog friendly too and my children loved it. The scenery and views are breathtaking. There is a lovely little cafe that allows dogs both inside and out. Wonderful family friendly place to visit for the day.
A lovely surprise for us and children. A nice stately manor set in wonderful gardens and near the sea. We didn't expect it but we spent the day there and had a great time out in the sun. All for free as well!
I visited today with a group of adults with learning disabilities. We were made welcome by all. All the staff were passionate about the house and it's history which complimented our visit. I will certainly be revisiting.