Plymouth SoundCurrently Open
- Address: Plymouth, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +44-1752304229
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
A roaring coastal section running along the eastern side of Plymouth; the dotted area with rocks where waves splash to make a magnificent acoustic effect is what Plymouth Sound is all about. The rocks exhibit varied geology with the oldest of them dating back to around 300-330 million years ago.
Red and green slates, siltstones, sandstones and marine fossils are worth observing. These rocks are the remainders of continental flooding that has happened over the years.
The ‘Titanic’ was supposed to dock here after its return to Britain.
Entrance Ticket Details For Plymouth Sound
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Plymouth Sound
- Bus no 2,4, 4A, Ferry PTF1.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Plymouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Plymouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Plymouth Sound Address: Plymouth, United Kingdom
- Plymouth Sound Contact Number: +44-1752304229
- Plymouth Sound Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Plymouth Sound(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Plymouth Sound: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
39.45% of people who visit Plymouth include Plymouth Sound in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50% of people start their Plymouth Sound visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Plymouth Sound
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plymouth Sound
People normally club together Tinside Lido Pool and Plymbridge Woods And Plym Valley while planning their visit to Plymouth Sound.