Are you looking for what to do in Plymouth?
PLACES TO SEE
- Barbican Plymouth: Old harbor dotted with buildings of historic importance, numerous bars and cafes.
- National Marine Aquarium: Ideal place for family visits to observe the Coral reefs, 70 sharks belonging to 10 different species like small catfish and large sand tiger sharks.
- Saltram house: A luxurious family castle of the Parkers, ideal for picnics.
- Plymouth sound: Rocky area around the waterfront exhibiting rocks dating back 300 million years ago.
- Mayflower steps: Legendary steps from where the Pilgrim Fathers embarked their voyage to North America.
- Smeaton’s Tower: A grade I listed building offering panoramic views of the city.
- Royal William victualling yard: Spread over 16 acres, a historic industrial area.
- Royal Citadel: A 16th century fort still occupied by the British army.
- Churches: St. Andrews Church, Charles Church.
- Museums and points of interest: Devonport national heritage centre, Plymouth city Museum and art gallery, Buckland Abbey/buckfast abbey, Mayflower Museum, Plymouth arts centre.
- Dartmeet: Meeting point of two tributaries of River Dart.
- Plymouth Synagogue: Only existing Ashkenazi Jew synagogue in the English world.
THINGS TO DO
- Go skiing and snowboarding with the Plymouth Ski and Snowboard centre.
- Play a game of golf at the Boringdon Park golf club.
- If travelling to Plymouth with kids, visit the 123 Jump indoor play centre.
- Have a picnic at one of the Plymouth Parks like the central park, West Hoe park, Devonport park or the Elizabethan gardens.
- Get a ghostly chill on the ghost tour of the Merchant’s house.
- Shop at the Plymouth City market.
- Plan a one day-trip to the Plym valley.
- Taste the fine Gin at the Plymouth Gin distillery.
- Catch a performance at the Theatre Royal or the Barbican Theatre.
- Witness a game at the Home Park.
- Spend an evening at the Plymouth Hoe.
- Take a tour of the beaches- Wembury Beach, Burgh Islands.
Below we have a list of things to do in Plymouth and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Plymouth getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Plymouth with confidence.