Zlatica Archaeological SiteCurrently Open
- Address: Doljani bb, main highway towards Kolasin, Podgorica, Montenegro Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
The ancient site of the monastery of Zlatica is located just outside the city of Podgorica. Though the excavation began in the 20th century, researchers have found two churches, a number of graves and stone structures at this site. The two churches in Zlatica were built following the destruction of basilicas in Duklja, once during gothic attacks and another during the earthquake. Archaeological research continues even today, In the year 1997, the restoration of the monastery began and is today operational with a number of believers visiting the place every day.
How to Reach Zlatica Archaeological Site
- By self-drive car
- By taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Podgorica before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Podgorica and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Zlatica Archaeological Site Address: Doljani bb, main highway towards Kolasin, Podgorica, Montenegro
- Zlatica Archaeological Site Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Zlatica Archaeological Site(preferred time): 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Zlatica Archaeological Site: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!