Villa FloridianaCurrently Closed
- Address: Via Cimarosa, 77, 80127 Napoli, Italy, 80127, Naples
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0815781776
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Park, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Gardens
Villa Floridiana - Review
The villa was originally an 18th century casino and coffee house before it was given a neoclassical makeover in the 19th century. The park outside is a lovely place to stroll, a collection of terraced grass and flower beds on land that slopes towards the sea, with an open air theatre and an Ionic temple.
Inside though, the museum founded in 1931 is now one of the world’s largest collections of decorative arts. It has 6000 items from the 12th to the 19th century, which includes a vast collection of ceramics. The other exhibits include paintings, medieval art, furniture, glassworks, European and Oriental porcelain, and other decorative items.
Villa Floridiana Information
- Group tours of 90 minutes available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, German. Tours are for a maximum of 25 people.
- The Medieval and Renaissance Art and European Porcelains ections are open to guided visits only.
Villa Floridiana Ticket Prices
- EUR 2 for reduced categories
- Free for under 18s and on first Sunday of every month
- Guided group tours: EUR 90
Villa Floridiana Hours
- Last entry at 6:15pm
- Museum is closed on Tuesday, but the park is not.
- The European Porcelain section closes at 5pm.
- Medieval and Renaissance Art and European Porcelain guided tour is at 5pm only
- Medieval and Renaissance Art guided tours are 9:30am, 11am, 12:30pm, 3pm and
How To reach Villa Floridiana by Public Transport
- Subway L2 stop Stazione Napoli Piazza Amedeo.
- Funiculare F1; Buses 128, 130, 132, 181, 532, C3,1C36, V1 stop Cimarosa.
- Funiculare F3 stop Piazza Fuga.
- Subway L1 stop Vanvitelli
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Villa Floridiana
0.1% of people who visit Naples include Villa Floridiana in their plan
95% of people start their Villa Floridiana visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Villa Floridiana
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Villa Floridiana
Villa Floridiana Trips
Villa Floridiana, Naples Reviews
In a quiet corner of the park with spectacular views across Naples.A museum full of treasures.
Lush, romantic and beautiful park for a relaxing walk away from busy city life.
Beautiful park and villa with nice views of the Naples bay.
Bought a ticket at 5:07 at the entrance to the park. Went to see the panorama and by the time I attempted to enter the museum I was told that the last entry is at 5:15 and the ticket won't be available the next day.
Rare, calm place with great view over the city.